- Agreement with TFRC vision and values and the theology and practice of the
Reformed Church in America.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Worship Arts, Music or closely related area of study.
- Some ministry experience in a growing church preferred.
- Experience in building effective leadership teams preferred.
- A personal walk evidenced by growth in modeling Jesus.
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in your faith and abilities.
- A self-starter – highly motivated.
- A passion for outreach & missions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A good role model.
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others).
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: Music and Worship
(50%+ of job description)
1. Assist in leading the musical portion of a Sunday morning “blended, leaning contemporary” worship service 1-2 times per month.
2. Work alongside the music director and pastors to develop worship experiences that enhance and support the Sunday message 1-2 times per month.
3. Assist in the design and co-ordination of special worship experiences and holiday Services.
4. Identify, recruit, and equip new musicians and tech assistants to the worship ministry.
5. Develop a technical team to create and edit video projects for Worship and other church programs.
6. Assist Magic Valley School of Performing Arts based upon needs, skills and availability.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: Missions and Assimilation
1. Recruit, equip, and encourage a Missions Team who will:
a. Plan, coordinate and promote local, national and international missions.
b. Educate TFRC members and adherents about opportunities to become involved in missions locally and abroad.
c. Plan, recruit and lead local, national and international mission projects.
2. Oversee the implementation of the Christmas Assistance ministry.
3. Serve as a point of contact between TFRC and ministries birthed out of TFRC – i.e. Mustard Seed Ministries, MVSPA, Wellness Tree Clinic, etc.
(Role will vary greatly depending on current status of the ministry or non-profit)
- Lead and coordinate the effort to provide a clear and direct path for visitors and
newer attendees to discover their next steps to get connected with individuals, groups and/or opportunities to serve at TFRC.
- Relational priority in congregational ministry: young adults age 18-24.
- Prepare annual budget and provide a monthly accounting of expenses for each program under areas of responsibility.
3. As part of the ministry leadership team, be prepared to assist with other duties as assigned.