The Worship leader is to develop and nurture the heart of contemporary worship at First Presbyterian Church of Napa and to serve as a catalyst to lead the congregation into the presence of the Lord through worship experiences.
First Presbyterian Church of Napa is a welcoming and dynamic congregation of about 400 members located in downtown Napa. We have recently welcomed a new pastor who has brought increased vitality, leadership and excitement for growth. We are searching for
a person who has a passion for worshipping Jesus as they lead us in our contemporary service.
- Design, develop and direct our contemporary worship service.
- Serve as the Praise Band leader.
- Work collegially with our pastor, staff and praise team to lead and coordinate our modern worship service in music selection, performance, drama and video.
- Oversee sound and media systems
- Hold one practice session with Praise team per week.
- Lead one worship service per week and attend other planning and administrative meetings.
- Encourage a Youth Praise Band as we are blessed with both enthusiastic and musical youth members.
- Recruit new talent from inside and outside church and train volunteers for music worship
-Possess vocal and worship leadership skills.
-Strong knowledge of computer and video programs is required to support our technically based service.
-Preference will be given to those who have experience leading worship, and have proven vocal and instrumental talent and have demonstrated the ability to lead a service acoustically.
· Hours: Approximately 8-15 hours per week.
· Wages: Commensurate with training and experience. $20.00 – $25.00 per hour.
· Term of employment: Permanent part-time
Resume and a video of your work should be send to Lewis May, First Presbyterian Church of Napa, 1333 Third Street Napa, CA 94558 or send both resume and video electronically to Contemporary Worship leader search team chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our church and mission, see www.fpcnapa.org
REFERENCES: Prior to interview.