Position Title: Pastor of Student Ministry
Location: Eastern PA, Bucks County; Chalfont
Affiliation: Calvary Chapel
Calvary Chapel of Central Bucks (CCCB) is looking for an energetic Youth Pastor who loves teens and believes that God has great plans for their lives. The current Youth Pastor and his family are starting a church plant out of CCCB which is the reason we
are searching for a new Youth Pastor. CCCB is a church with a weekly attendance of 700 to 800.
The church family at CCCB loves its teens and understands that the youth are the future of the Church. We believe that these are crucial years for these teens to learn God’s Word, and to understand God’s love for them. In addition, we believe and understand
that God’s gifts and plans for their lives are greater than anything that the world can offer.
We teach the Word with a Christ-centered perspective.
Four values that resonate through our teaching perspective are:
1. Their identity in Christ. (Righteous, Forgiven, Overcomers, ambassadors of Jesus Christ) and live the Spirit-filled life.
2. The Lord has equipped them with everything they need to resist the enemy.
3. When they walk in the Spirit, they will not live sin-filled lives.
4. The “best life” is a life lived in the Spirit.
We are looking for a Youth Pastor who shares these optimistic values and will lead the youth in this perspective. The youth group, which is called PULSE, meets on Wednesday evenings from 7 PM to 8:30 PM. On a typical week we will have between 50 to 75 students
The qualified candidate will have at least 4 years of experience in leading youth ministry at a church of 400+ attendance, and who embraces the Orange philosophy (a small group focus with 2 influences working together, family and
church, achieving a far greater impact for Christ). The candidate must have an undergraduate degree in Youth Ministry, Biblical Studies (or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate sufficient experience to align with our ministry philosophy.
This job calls for an individual
- Who thrives on challenge, risk and opportunity.
- Who accepts and initiates change.
- Who is decisive and firm in decision making.
- Who is a self-starter.
- Who has highly effective communication skills.
- Who enjoys a lot of interaction with people and has an outgoing personality.
- Who is willing to be authentic and transparent.
- Who is a forward-thinker and innovator with creative ideas.
- Who is a team player and a team builder.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: Create, implement, and lead Calvary Chapel Central Bucks’ youth ministry in accordance with our vision and the Orange philosophy for church and family partnering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all ministries for Middle School and High School students
- Build the connection from Elementary Students to Middle School students programmatically and relationally
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and multiplication of staff in each area of youth ministry
- Serve as a catalyst to help all other fellowship ministries embrace and operate in the Orange philosophy.
- Serve as a catalyst in helping parents assimilate their children by providing direction, and tools, one on one discipleship, baptism, small group connection, and mentoring
- Grow student and parental involvement
- Maintain files and background screening for all youth staff
- Supervise all youth staff and volunteers
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Assist in the recruitment, training, development, and equipping of staff members who work with youth
- Create and maintain safe, age appropriate, relevant, and engaging teaching environments for all ages of youth
- Discover, grow and use the leadership skills in students (7th grade and up) to equip teens to move into “adult church”; ready to serve and minister
- Maintain an active missions program for youth
- Serve as primary communicator for the youth ministry and trainer of other leaders in communication skills
- Attend staff meetings and other staff functions
- Work as needed with other staff to solve particular problems in related ministries
- Assume additional responsibility as directed by Senior Staff.
- Work effectively to maintain budgets, and be able to follow all requirements and procedures established by the Financial Administrator
- Comply fully to the policies stated in the Employee Handbook
- Oversee all budgets assigned
- Live a morally responsible lifestyle that is submitted to the Lord and the leadership of Calvary Chapel Central Bucks.
- Live a spiritually disciplined life – prayer, bible study, fellowship, and evangelism
- Participate fully in one-on-one discipleship
- Assist in planning and organizing various children’s/family experiences