GRACE BIBLE CHURCH
5781 Manchester Road
Akron, OH 44319
Position Summary and Overview:
The Senior Pastor will join a team of seven full time and four part time staff. This position will work closely with the current Senior Pastor as he transitions to retirement.
In mid 2005, Manchester Trinity Chapel, an established church with many years of history, found their attendance waning, and were seeking a new beginning. Pastor Jerry Harpool from Maranatha Bible Church in Akron felt led by God to offer his gifts and talents for a new church which was subsequently renamed Grace Bible Church.
Under the leadership of Pastor Harpool and the Grace of God, a new constitution and a new statement of faith were prayerfully written. The previous congregational form of government was replaced with an elder rule form of government prevalent in the New Testament Church. A new set of elders was chosen and then confirmed by the congregation.
The new church congregation also chose a new name – “Grace Bible Church.” This new name signifies our Bible based theology and teaching and that God’s love expressed through his endless grace is the guiding principle for our lives.
The church espouses an expositional style of preaching.
Grace Bible Church (www.grace-biblechurch.org) is located in Northeast Ohio in the City of New Franklin. New Franklin has a population of approximately 15,000 people with an average age of 45.5 years.
Grace Bible Church‘s attendance averages 407 per Sunday with an age breakdown as follows:
33% are 61-93 years of age
25% are 41-60 years of age
14% are 18-40 years of age
28% are 1-17 years of age
· Continue the implementation of strategic GBC visions and goals.
· Responsible to assist the elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church.
· Be the primary preacher/teacher for Sunday worship services
· Provide leadership in the establishment and implementation of all church ministries
· Ensure that Bible teaching is the primary function of the church
· Oversee pastoral care needs of the congregation and, as necessary, share with the other pastors in hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, weddings and funerals
· Administer communion and baptism
· Schedule and lead monthly prayer meeting
· Lead new member orientation meetings
· Serve as equal member of the elder board
· Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Elders
Staff Supervision and Development
· Maintain efficient and effective lines of communication between staff and elders.
· Oversee and lead other pastoral staff in their related ministries.
· Must be a born again believer
· Must have a minimum of 5 years as senior pastor of a multi-staff church.
· A masters of divinity or theology is preferred.
· Must embrace the beliefs of Grace Bible Church as documented in the Grace Bible Church statement of faith.
· Ability to articulate the ministry, philosophy and direction of the church
· Organize and use time effectively
· Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills
· Commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support, both with staff and members
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorLighthouse Christian Fellowship
- Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
- August 30
Lead PastorCovenant Community Church
- Vacaville, California
- August 20
PastorMission Village Christian Fellowship
- San Diego, California
- August 19
Senior PastorHolly Springs Baptist Church
- Garrison, Texas
- August 18
Senior PastorLighthouse Community Church
- Des Moines, Iowa
- August 17
Grace Bible Church
Grace Bible Church is an independent, elder-governed established Bible church located in Northeast Ohio. We are seeking a salaried, full time Associate Pastor to join our team of seven full time and five part time staff. This position will work closely with the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor and the Leadership Team. More...