Gingellville Community Church, a debt free independent congregation of 160, is seeking someone to lead us to a passionate and productive relationship with Christ. The village of Gingellville we serve is nestled among the lakes of Oakland
County Michigan in a growing suburban environment. Our worship center, education building and parsonage occupy about 40% of our 5.5 acre property. We are a mission minded family oriented congregation in need of someone to disciple and motivate us to be
all we can be in Christ. Our small but experienced Elder Board works together with our pastor to make the ministry effective. The purpose of Gingellville Community Church is to bring lives into harmony with God by worshiping Him, building up one another,
sharing the message of Christ, and serving and fellowshipping with other believers.
Job Description / Lead Pastor / Gingellville Community Church
Responsible for leading the staff and church body in carrying out the purpose and core values of the church and to oversee and direct the teaching ministry.
- Model what it looks like to be a true Christ follower.
- Serve the church as a teaching elder, Imparting the Word of God as written without apology
- Encourage and shepherd the spiritual formation of the congregation as the lead teacher/communicator.
- Nurture and communicate the vision for the church to all staff, leadership and congregation.
- With the Elders, provide directional and visionary leadership for the ministry of the church.
- Oversee and encourage multiplication of ministry (teaching, leadership, vision development) by developing and empowering both the staff and lay leadership of the church.
- Encourage and support all ministries of the church.
- Oversee the planning and leading of worship services.
- Oversee Baptisms, Communion services, weddings and funerals.
- Lead the staff through appropriate direction, supervision, evaluation, counsel, care and accountability.
- Spend appropriate amount of time in Bible study and sermon preparation
- Work with elders in overseeing the spiritual needs of the body and the integrity of the ministry as it relates to the church’s purpose and core values.
- Work with Ministry Leadership Team.
- Work with the staff to encourage and empower them toward effective balanced ministry.
- Maintain a positive relationship with those “outside” in the community
- While maintaining a true Christ-like humility and a countenance of servant leadership, willingly submit accountability to the Elders.
General Expectations and Responsibilities
Maintain consistent Christian testimony; staying fresh in personal relationship with Christ, effective with family and creative in ministry. Maintain relational, spiritual and professional trust with other elders and staff.
Please send your resume and doctrinal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Pastor Search – Confidential, Gingellville Community Church, 3920 Baldwin Rd., Orion MI. 48359