Iron City Baptist Church is a growing congregation located an hour from Birmingham and an hour from Atlanta. Situated in the growing community of White Plains, Iron City is surrounded by young families and unreached communities. White Plains High School,
located just 3 minutes from the church, has doubled in size over the past 10 years and is accessible to pastors.
Desiring to meet the needs of our congregation and our community, Iron City is hiring a Pastor of Youth and Families. This position will receive fair pay with training and experience taken into account. The ideal candidate will be a man of high character
and high capacity. He will lead his family well, as a compelling example to the families of Iron City. He will have either training or experience in a family-based ministry strategy. He will be organized, a committed teacher/preacher of Scripture, and passionate
about relational ministry.
Please send your résumé to: email@example.com. If available, a link or file of you preaching/teaching would also be valuable.
The following is the anticipated job description for this position:
Job Title: Pastor of Youth and Families
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Date Prepared: November 5, 2013
One Sentence Description:
- The Pastor of Youth and Families will develop and implement a comprehensive, family-based strategy to reach and disciple students and their families.
- Identify, invite, train, and empower leaders to be a part of the Family Ministry.
- Serve as the primary leader for our Family Ministry.
- Oversee and supervise the implementation of a comprehensive family-based ministry strategy.
- Ensure the creation of exciting, safe, and beneficial environments across all age groups of the Family Ministry.
- Serve as the primary preacher, teacher, organizer, and relational contact for our student ministry.
- Train, equip, leverage, and hold accountable volunteers to implement the family-based strategy in the children and college ministries.
- Establish measurable goals to gauge the effectiveness of the Family Ministry strategy.
- Develop relationships with our schools and community.
- Oversee safety procedures, policies, and training for the Family Ministry.
- Create and lead family-equipping events and environments that promote and position parents as the primary disciplers of their children.
- Participate in staff meetings, creative meetings, and leadership retreats to collaborate on overall church strategy and direction.
- Assist lead pastor in pastoral care, counseling, and pulpit supply.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Christ first, your family second, and your ministry third.
- Agree to and abide by the general staff expectations and staff values of Iron City.
- Give at least 10% of your income to the ministries of Iron City.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Iron City and always protect the unity of the church.
- Seek out opportunities, training, and books to grow both in theology and ministry competence.