POSITION TITLE: Worship and Media Pastor (full-time)
Are you looking for the opportunity to use your pastoral, musical, and technological gifts to lead church members toward greater intimacy with God and to reach out to the lost? Perhaps you’ve been working part-time &/or leading on Saturdays
and want to have a greater impact? Do you see the impact that media and technology can have on the kingdom of God? If you have 3 years experience in leading progressive contemporary worship and using technology, then Windy City Community Church; a church
of 200-250 attendees, in Chicago, Illinois is the place for you!
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the worship arts program.
- You will direct and lead progressive contemporary worship services with a worship band and accompany yourself with a musical instrument.
- You will direct and guide the worship band who is comprised of congregational volunteers with varying levels of musical capability.
- The position is designed for someone who has at least three years of Worship Leader or Music Pastor experience (specifically, you have been BOTH the lead vocalist AND lead instrumentalist with keys or guitar).
- Reading and transposing music is required. Ability to write and arrange music is preferred.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the media and technology arts program
- Within the Sunday worship service using video, drama, loops, movie and tv clips, sound, lights, staging, etc
- Outside of Sunday morning; including website, social networks, launching apps, videos, etc.
- You have at least three years of sound and media systems experience and are able to direct teams in this area.
- You are computer literate and innovative and familiar with Apple computers and products.
- You have a working knowledge with programs and products
Programs or Apps
- Planning Center Online
- Pro Presenter
- Apple Recording Apps
- Final Cut Pro or Video Editing equivalent
- Keynote or Power Point
- Digital Audio Consoles
- Basic Lighting Consoles
- You will work directly with, and at the direction of, the Senior Pastor.
- You will participate in weekly staff meetings.
- You have at least one year of experience shepherding a music/worship team and/or facilitating small groups.
- You will have responsibilities in congregational shepherding.
- You have a willingness to lead ministries outside the worship arena.
- You have at least one year of experience being responsible for special events and projects and all operational aspects regarding them.
- You have a growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- You have a vibrant, energetic and outgoing personality.
- A Bachelors degree (in Bible, music or graphic arts) with some Biblical training is preferred but not required
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $38K to $45K (depending on experience)
- Medical insurance
- 403B with matching savings (based on length of service)
- Flexible work hours
- Creative flexibility
- Laptop / media tools
- Relocation assistance
If this sounds like the right move for you then contact us right away!
This position is available immediately.
To apply, please email to email@example.com:
(We regret to say that any resumes received NOT accompanied by a link
to current music samples cannot be considered.)
Thank you so much for your interest in our Worship and Media Pastor opportunity.