This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
International Institute for Christian Studies
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 02/26/2009
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
International Institute for Christian Studies
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversee all aspects of the daily operations of IICS and its related entities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee and manage progress on the strategic plan
• Initiate and manage strategic alliances with other organizations
• Oversee and insure the fiscal stability of IICS and related entities
• Prepare the annual budget, working with the President
• Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, chaired by the President
• Propose policy changes for consideration by the President and the board of directors
• Establish guidelines and procedures for management of all operating expenses
• Provide the President with regular updates on the achievement status of the strategic plan
• Assist in raising funds through his personal network and through identifying and cultivating prospective donors
• Assist in recruiting professors
• Oversee and serve as the point of contact for all professors and regional and country directors for administrative and personnel matters, including issuing contracts, editing and tracking professors’ quarterly/annual reports, monitoring professors’ fund balances and assisting with fundraising strategies
• Coordinate and lead the regional and country directors
• Assist with the deployment of appointees
• Manage the office operations
• Oversee purchasing activities for the organization
• Responsible for the development, organization and management of office systems, equipment and operations
• Oversee all staff benefit programs (insurance, retirement program, cafeteria plan, etc.)
• Lead staff development to enhance the leadership and management skills of staff members
• Responsible for regular prayer times and administrative staff meetings
• Responsible for the legal, accounting, and organizational health of the ministry
Support for the President
• Work closely with the President on matters of ministry, administration, development and special projects
• Administer special projects and accepts other assignments as directed by the President
These responsibilities will be assumed over a period of six months of transition from the President to the Executive Vice-President, in accordance with a plan developed by the President and the Executive Vice-President, in consultation with the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to: President
Positions Reporting to Executive Vice-President: Accounting Manager, Operations Coordinator, Director of Faculty Recruiting, Regional and Country Directors, Professors in regions/countries with no director
INTER-RELATIONSHIPS: Leads and supervises executive team members, regional and country directors and professors
CLIMATE AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Intense, task-oriented, strong growth commitment, high standards of precision and excellence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: EITHER OVERSEAS LIVING EXPERIENCE AND/OR HIGHER EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION. GRADUATE DEGREE REQUIRED. Familiar with and comfortable in the academic world.
Character: Trustworthy, strong Christian commitment, Christlike character, strong commitment to communicating biblical truth around the world. Affirm IICS/WEA Statement of Faith and the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy.
Competency: Multi-tasking. Initiative. Ability to formulate and manage policies, strategic plans and practices. Strong leadership and management abilities, negotiating skills and organizational skills. Excellent communicator. Critical thinking skills. Ability to tackle challenging assignments. Problem-solver. Detail oriented. Enjoys challenge. Works well under pressure. Good English language skills. Contribute generously to IICS on a personal basis. Willing and able to raise funds. Hands-on working style. Excellent interpersonal skills. Accustomed to operating under cash flow pressures. Skilled at maximizing cost-effectiveness. Empathy for field staff. Sense of calling in serving the professors and staff. Culturally sensitive. Respects the relative independence preferred by most academicians.
SALARY RANGE: This leadership position is strategic in the development of the worldwide ministry of IICS. The salary range for this position is $53,000-66,000, depending on years and level of experience and academic and professional credentials. IICS also offers a generous benefit package.
ORGANIZATION: Non-profit 501(c)3 academic organization which places Christian professors in public university faculty positions overseas. Annual total revenues--$2,600,000. 42 professors serving in 18 countries. Present office staff: 5 FT, 3 PT. Member, ECFA, WEA. Website: www.iics.com For more information, contact Katie Eicholtz, Operations Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or send your resume to IICS, Box 12147, Overland Park, KS 66282-2147.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. All correspondence will be through email.