Church Business Administrator
Objective: Care for the Financial and Facility ministries of Suncreek United Methodist Church
Description: Suncreek UMC, a dynamic 1,800 member church in a growing Dallas suburb, is seeking a person to provide relational leadership for this key administrative position. This person will work directly with lay leadership and staff to implement, support and align the church’s resources (both human and fiscal). Qualified candidates should possess strong business acumen, sound operational experience and exceptional leadership/ team building skills.
- Administration of all financial matters
- ensures processing of contributions
- accounts payable
- evaluate and administer employee benefits programs
- contribution records
- development of annual budget with staff and finance committee
- development of annual campaign for support of the operating budget
- stewardship development
- monthly and yearly financial reports
- participation in finance committee meetings
- participation in stewardship committee meetings
- serve as Church Treasurer
- Administration of all facility matters
- interface with building contractors (when necessary)
- supervision of custodial service
- coordination of repairs and maintenance
- supervise repair team
- participation in board of trustee meetings
- supervise Administrative Assistant
- evaluate and order janitorial supplies
- Administration of all Technology
- oversees the purchase, maintenance and support of technology
- Oversees all aspects of the Communication process
- provides direction for Communications Administrator
- participation in communication meetings
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Perform other tasks as needed or assigned by the pastoral staff for the development of this ministry
- Help recruit office volunteers
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in finance or business.
- 5 or more years of operations related experience
- Membership in and/or certification by National Association of Church Business Administration
Salary: $60,000 to $65,000 plus health insurance and pension contribution.
This position reports to the senior pastor and the staff-parish relations committee.
Email Resume & Cover letter to Office@suncreekumc.org by Decmeber 15, 2013.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Suncreek United Methodist Church
Suncreek United Methodist Church invites, nurtures, and grows relationships in Christ by: Providing a welcoming, loving, and grace-filled home for all people. Challenging hearts and minds to a greater understanding of and commitment to God’s vision through dynamic worship, music, study, and outreach. Serving our local, national, and global neighbors in the spirit of God’s unconditional love. More...