This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Berean Bible Church
Livonia, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 07/29/2009
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
· Be a gifted, formally trained and skilled expository preacher / teacher of God’s Word.
· Be an example in adhering to the doctrinal position, constitution, by-laws and policies of Berean Bible Church.
· Be a pastor of the flock to provide personal care and meet individual spiritual needs.
· Have a strong ability to shepherd and to motivate people to use their gifts and to apply God’s Word.
Personal (I Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9)
· The qualifications for pastor, who is an elder, are delineated in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. He is the responsible shepherd of the church. It shall be his duty to preach and teach: to administer the church ordinances and exercise oversight. He shall have supervision and direction over church and office staff. He shall be an ex-officio member of all committees and boards. He shall advise all officers of their duties.
· He must prove himself faithful and able to guide others by managing his own household well; should have believing and obedient children.
· His wife should be a help and compliment for his ministry
· He should have a good reputation both inside the church family and in the community.
· He should be irreproachable in his marital, financial and counseling relations.
· He should not be selfish, quick-tempered, violent or overly interested in material things.
· He should demonstrate a love for people, mature, well-balanced and self-controlled.
· A clear vision and philosophy of ministry that is in harmony with our church for growth.
· Demonstrate his ability to place a high priority on prayer and message preparation.
· Have an emphasis on explaining the meaning of a passage verse by verse with the clear aim of continuity and application.
· He should be approachable and exhibit strong pastoral care qualities.
· Be involved in training, equipping and discipling others for the work of the ministry
· Have a participative leadership style who works with groups to arrive at a decision that is willing to delegate work and tasks to others.
· Have a passion for sharing the Gospel and cultivating home and foreign mission opportunities.
· Master, Divinity degree from an accredited school preferred, or equivalent experience.
· Be willing to enhance his education through seminars, conferences and academic courses.
· Have at least 5-10 years of ministry, prior experience as a senior pastor or equivalent experience.
· Had exposure to secular work and background to relate to the experience of the congregation.
CHURCH SUMMARY PROFILE
NAME: Berean Bible Church PHONE: 734-425-5585
ADDRESS: 35375 Ann Arbor Trail
CITY, STATE, ZIP Livonia, MI 48150
CONTACT: Mr. Bruce Snell PHONE 734-455-8878
COMMUNITY: Suburban Population 87,000 Declining Middle Class / Retirement
ATTENDANCE: Active Members 65 Non-Members 70 Family Units 55 Board Members 4
Sunday school 100 Morning 126 Midweek / Youth / Awana 70
EVANGELISM & MISSIONS: We currently support 5 Missionaries and one Christian Organizations.
Youth Outreach Program for Summer Trips
FELLOWSHIP: We are an Independent Bible Church with affiliation with National Association of Evangelicals.
FINANCES: The average general giving for the past six months is $ 2,910.00 each week. There is no indebtedness other than operating expenses for the church each month. The budget has been met for the last six months (excluding staff salaries).
PERSONNEL: A full-time pastor is needed (to replace a retiring pastor) who loves the Lord and people of all ages. General Qualifications: He should have a graduate degree in ministry from an accredited college or university. Have a servant’s heart; be spiritually mature; be an expositor / teacher, evangelistic in practice; have administration ability, and communication vision. He should be married with 5 - 15 years of ministry; senior pastoral experience preferred.
POLITY: The church uses an eldership form of government. It is composed of a pastor and elders who are answerable to the congregation. Elders act jointly in collective leadership and share equal authority and responsibility, the pastor is recognized as “first among equals.”
PROPERTY & BUILDINGS: Acres 8.75 Auditorium Seating 200 Built in 1961 Valued at $ 2,100,000.00 Church Plant & Office 17,000 sq ft class room & meeting areas No Parsonage Available
HISTORY: Incorporated in 01/15/1960 Five men have served as Senior Pastor since the church began.