Position: Preschool Ministry Director – Grace Christian (Georgetown, KY)
Reports to: Senior Pastor & Executive Pastor
Works Closely with: Children’s Pastor, Day Care Director and church leaders.
Status: Salary: Part-time* (based on an average of 15 hours per week) -$10,400 Annual
Role: a visionary fueled by a passion to help children find and follow Christ; who has the ability to inspire volunteers to invest their energy toward the vision; a high results oriented individual who initiates volunteer development and
is skilled at motivating and equipping volunteers. This individual is responsible for the whole of Preschool Ministry.
Key Skills Necessary: Volunteer Recruitment/Management (60-70 volunteers); Team Building; Assertive; Outgoing; Computer Literate
• Implement a curriculum which allows our preschool age children to flourish spiritually.
• Teach volunteer leaders how to use the curriculum and establish guidelines & expectations for those volunteer leaders.
• Communicate consistently, effectively and passionately with parents regarding the spiritual development of their children.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Preschool Ministry including: equipping volunteers, child-care for designated programs, assuring rooms are staffed & in proper order.
• Be strategically visible during weekend services, attend weekly sta? meetings, agreed upon leadership retreats, conferences, and seminars when appropriate.
• Cheer volunteers on with joy and inspire them to follow your vision.
• On Sunday morning, ensure all rooms are staffed and have all necessary tools.
• Work with Children’s Pastor to contribute to and maintain a consistent direction for the overall ministry through strategic planning and collaboration.
• Tithe 10% to Grace Christian.
• Exhibit Christ-centered behavior by treating people with dignity, respect, and compassion.
What a Win Looks Like
• Inspired volunteers who are well equipped with skills, knowledge, materials, and an unquenchable desire to help children grasp God’s heart for them.
• Empowered volunteer leadership teams who creatively execute the vision of the ministry.
• Parents feeling well informed and at ease releasing their children into the care of the Preschool Ministry.
• Children who look forward to the next time they get to go to church to be loved, to learn about and worship Christ.