This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Discipleship
First Baptist Church
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 02/24/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking someone with a background in our Baptist heritage and familiarity with Baptist polity for the following position:
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF DISCIPLESHIP
PURPOSE OF MINISTRY:
To develop, administer, and promote an effective and holistic discipleship ministry for adults of all ages and all life situations that will enhance spiritual formation and growth.
MINISTRY DESCRIPTION AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Lead and coordinate the Bible teaching, discipleship and small group ministries for adults 18 and older.
* Provide primary leadership to accomplish gift discovery, enlistment, training and mentoring of volunteers.
* Provide staff liaison to assigned committees, ministry teams, and ministry councils.
* Work with the Associate Pastor of Single Adults to coordinate ministries and activities.
* Lead and coordinate Senior Adult ministries and activities.
* Work with enlisted volunteer leadership to evaluate, improve, and expand adult discipleship ministries of FBC.
* Lead and coordinate various outreach efforts.
* Lead the development and growth of Christian stewardship.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, TALENTS, GIFTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Evidence of a sincere and growing faith in Jesus Christ
* Commitment to the overall mission, vision, and values of First Baptist Church
* A thorough knowledge and understanding of the adult educational process and its application in the FBC ministry setting
* A thorough theological understanding of how to grow people to maturity in Christ
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and through the written word
* Ability to lead and minister successfully with a diverse group of adult volunteers
* Ability to attract, invite and empower volunteers to carry on our ministry
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, church members, and the public
* Ability to coordinate several ministry projects simultaneously
* Ability to embrace and interact with diverse backgrounds and ethnicities
* Ability to facilitate growth of small discipleship groups
* Educational requirements: Bachelor degree in a related field, with Master degree preferred
This is a full time ministry position requiring flexible hours and commitment of time, including emergency calls and night meetings.
* The Church’s personnel manual makes possible regular intervals of training, study and professional enrichment.
* The Senior Pastor is committed to coaching staff members
* Professional magazines and books are available to assist in professional training.
* First Baptist Church Leadership Staff provides training opportunities.
First Baptist Church of Jefferson City is a downtown church in a capital city (population 39,000) closely affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and the Baptist General Convention of Missouri. We endorse the "Baptist Faith and Message of 1963" as our statement of faith and support the role of women in ministry.