The Associate Pastor of Worship Ministries is responsible for providing pastoral leadership for the entire church music program. This includes worship teams, praise band, adult choir, youth and children's musical ministries.
This involves coodinating and assisting the senior pastor in the planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive ministry of worship through music in support of the vision, mission and objectives of First Christian Church (non-denominational) of Kendallville,
First Christian Church is a non-denominational church which is Reformed in commitment and doctrine. FCC is committed to the
Solas of the Protestant Reformation along with the Doctrines of Grace.
The Associate Pastor of Music Ministries responsibilities include the following:
- Provide leadership over congregational praise and worship ministries.
- Organize all choral, praise team vocalists and special music ministries.
- Recruit, train, and equip laypersons to serve on praise teams.
- Recruit, train and equip laypersons to serve in a worship orchestra, band and additional intrumental ministries.
- Schedule, plan and coordinate special worship concerts and events.
- Demonstrate a desire and competency to lead worship, be an accomplished musician and evidence a desire and ability to lead others into the presence of God in corporate musical worship.
- Display vocal competency along with the ability to play either guitar, keyboards or both.
- Display competence in vocal and instrumental direction. This entails leading worship teams and choir direction.
- Display competency in organizational and administrative skils.
- Demonstrate a healthy approach to interpersonal relationships.
- Have an apptitude in the use of technology within a worship environment including: sound and lighting equipment, computers, related softward and video projection.
- Demonstrate an ability and willingness to incorporate a variety of worship art forms as needed and as appropriate.