Adult Journey Pastor
Jackson Free Methodist Church
The Jackson Free Methodist Church is an intergenerational congregation with approximately 700 in weekly attendance that is passionate about growing in our love for God and love for others. We desire to engage with people no matter where they are on their journey with Jesus and want to help people see that real life happens when we learn to worship God, know his Word, plug into community, and compassionately care for the least and the lost. We are a church on the move and are seeing people come to Christ almost weekly. Because we value all ages at JFM, we are looking for an adult Journey Pastor to provide leadership and guidance to the adults of JFM. Their role is to develop more and better leaders by shepherding our LifeGroup leaders and equipping them to better lead those under their care.
- Must be firmly committed to the Lord and must make every effort to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have at a minimum an undergraduate degree, ordained or working towards ordination, and be willing to continually grow in leadership education and training.
- Must agree with and practice lifestyle standards consistent with the Free Methodist Denomination as a whole, and JFM in specific.
- Must have the experience and ability to lead leaders and shepherd adults.
- Must be able to organize and lead a number of ministry teams.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and implement a journey plan based on the four core values of JFM (Worship, Word, Community, and Compassion).
1. LifeGroup and Ministry Triad Shepherd
- Will oversee the process that develops a comprehensive growth structure at JFM that helps people grow deeper in their faith no matter where they are on their spiritual journey.
- Will oversee the process of shepherding, mentoring, equipping, and holding accountable all LifeGroup and Ministry Triad leaders to the expectations in place.
- Will oversee the process of training all LifeGroup and Ministry Triad leaders to be the primary shepherd of their group.
- Will create a process that allows adults to easily find community at JFM.
2. New Believer Follow-Up
- Will create and oversee a process of communication and follow-up for any adults who have indicated that they have made a decision to follow Christ.
- Will oversee and equip the leaders of Starting Point and Next Step classes.
- Will create a process that will help to place new believing adults into a LifeGroup community so they can continue to grow.
3. Core Value and Ministry Teams
- Will develop and oversee teams of adults that are called and passionate about Worship, Word, Community, and Compassion.
- Will work with each team and the Leadership Board to align specific ministries and partnerships that will help JFM accomplish its mission and vision.
- Will keep regular office hours and will be available to small group leaders and teachers who need assistance.
- Will be available to help perform weddings and funerals as needed.
- Will assist with communion and baptism services.
- Will be available to provide pastoral (spiritual) counseling.
- Will be part of all activities sponsored by the Southern Michigan Conference of the Free Methodist Church.
- Will attend at least one seminar, conference, or other opportunity for personal/professional growth per year, upon the approval of the Lead Pastor.
- Will assist with other projects and administrative details to help with the overall mission and vision of the church under the direction of the lead pastor.
- Will be available to preach 2-3 times per year in the main worship services.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Teaching PastorVelocity Church
- South Euclid, Ohio
- January 31
Minister of Education (12101)The Shepherd's Staff
- Southeastern US, South Carolina
- January 30
Associate Pastor of EquippingLighthouse Community Church
- Des Moines, Iowa
- January 29
Director of Family MinistryKossuth Street Baptist Church
- Lafayette, Indiana
- January 28
Discipleship Team LeaderChristian Life Center
- Dayton, Ohio
- January 28