www.autumnridgechurch.org is currently seeking a full time missions pastor. All applicants for this position need to have filled the role of missions pastor for at least five years in a church with a worship attendance of at least 500.
ARC is in Rochester, MN, the home of the Mayo Clinic, and the church has a particular passion for overseas medical missions. In the last several years we have helped build a hospital in Guinea, Africa and regularly send church members to work there. We
are also heavily involved in local outreach and relief missions.
We are not looking for a missionary to send to a particular field, nor do we see the primary role of the missions pastor as providing pastoral support to our missionaries. This position is congregationally-focused; the primary role of our missions pastor
is to instill within our congregation a passion to fulfill the Great Commission and identify avenues for sharing the gospel.
Please contact executive Pastor Bill Price at email@example.com if you would like more information about this position.
------------------------ Job Description-----------------------
The purpose of Autumn Ridge Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who love God and serve people.
OBJECTIVES: The Missions Pastor is responsible for developing and leading a volunteer-based ministry that creates a passion for missions among the congregation, engaging the congregation in supporting our missionaries and helping
some identify God’s call to career missions.
OUR CULTURAL DNA
These three statements define the way we approach our work and our relationships. Adherence to these principles is essential for success at Autumn Ridge Church.
- We strive for professional excellence because we have a high view of the church.
- We value biblical and theological instruction because we have a high view of God.
- We act graciously and redemptively because we have a high view of people.
- Candidate must be a believer with a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ. Candidate must become a member of Autumn Ridge Church.
- Candidate must have completed a degree program from an accredited Bible college or seminary. A graduate degree in ministry or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
- Candidate must have experience in cross cultural missions and the ability to identify new missions opportunities, develop team leaders and supervise their efforts.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
Specific tasks to be accomplished include:
- Identifying local relationship-based outreach opportunities and mercy ministries (Salvation Army, local food bank, etc.) in which the congregation may be involved.
- Exploring new opportunities for international missions trips and projects.
- Providing consultation to student ministries in the selection of mission projects and short term missions trips.
- Supervising the ministry to international care patients; coordinating annual projects with Samaritan’s Purse and other international care agencies.
- Developing an annual support and ministry budget.
- Engaging the congregation in communicating regularly with supported missionaries.
- Providing reports and videos from the missionaries to the congregation on a regular basis.
- Working with staff to integrate missions education into the discipleship of children and students.
- Developing an objective system for assessing the effectiveness of local and foreign missionaries.
- Planning an annual missions festival to encourage congregational participation in missions.
- Coordinating the church’s support of CEH Hospital and Next Chapter Ministries