Assistant Pastor, Staff Position
Job Description Overview
Parkside Bible Church ministers to the Watertown, NY area as well as the 10th Mountain Army Division stationed at Fort Drum.
We are a church that averages about 350 on Sunday mornings. We are a generational mix (though mostly 20 – 40’s), and have a strong children’s ministry. Sunday mornings include two (2) identical worship services. Responsibilities will be in the area student
and young adult ministry, and sometimes worship. We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, experienced pastor with a passion for youth, young adults and worship.
- Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Committed to the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA) Statement of Faith
- Team player who is flexible and can work outside their specialty when needed
- Passion to lead youth and young adults, calling others to serve the ministry
- Lead worship when needed, calling others into the Lord’s presence
- Teachable spirit with good communication skills
- Preference given to those who have post-secondary education especially seminary
- Proficient in media and technologically
- Minimum of three (3) years of ministry experience
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
- Passion to see Student Ministries grow in number and in spiritual maturity and not just maintain the ministry.
- Skill in organization and administration.
- Team player: must act, give input and make decisions based on what is best for Parkside and not get stuck in personal ministry.
- Called to Youth: not as a transition position to the next stop.
- Vision for Future Youth Ministry: organize and grow with a solid core of youth in place.
Lead like a rancher who invests his time in teaching, organizing a team of adult workers alongside student leadership.
Balance fun activities (monthly) with a solid base of discipleship (weekly). There are approximately 3,000 students (9-12 grades) in the area (Watertown, Carthage, Indian River).
Young Adults Responsibilities
- Passion to see the students continue to grow in number and in spiritual maturity on into their college and career years.
- Organizational and Administrative Skills: to network those in the area and away at school with a team of coworkers concerned for the college students.
- Creativity: this is a new emphasis for Parkside. Plan big events, as well as regular meetings that can motivate and challenge this hard to reach group.
- Called to Connect: Youth must segue into Young adults, so that a teen graduating does not feel disconnected but transitions well and does not get lost.
- Able to recruit, organize and develop a worship team to lead Sunday services.
- Select appropriate music based on input from the sermon topic.
- This responsibility will ONLY be AS NEEDED, and will not start until at least six months so as to expedite the Youth and Young Adult ministries.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to work closely with the team
- Assist in pastoral care with someone in their area of ministry or as needed
- $38,000 to 42,000, Salary and benefits fit experience and education