Assistant Pastor, Staff Position
Job Description Overview
Parkside Bible Church ministers to the Watertown, NY area as well as the 10th Mountain Army Division stationed at Fort Drum. We are a church that averages about 350 on Sunday mornings. We are a generational mix (though mostly 20 – 40’s), and have a strong children’s ministry. Sunday mornings include two (2) identical worship services. Responsibilities will be in the area student and young adult ministry, and sometimes worship. We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, experienced pastor with a passion for youth, young adults and worship.
- Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Committed to the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA) Statement of Faith
- Team player who is flexible and can work outside their specialty when needed
- Passion to lead youth and young adults, calling others to serve the ministry
- Lead worship when needed, calling others into the Lord’s presence
- Teachable spirit with good communication skills
- Preference given to those who have post-secondary education especially seminary
- Proficient in media and technologically
- Minimum of three (3) years of ministry experience
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
- Passion to see Student Ministries grow in number and in spiritual maturity and not just maintain the ministry.
- Skill in organization and administration.
- Team player: must act, give input and make decisions based on what is best for Parkside and not get stuck in personal ministry.
- Called to Youth: not as a transition position to the next stop.
- Vision for Future Youth Ministry: organize and grow with a solid core of youth in place. Lead like a rancher who invests his time in teaching, organizing a team of adult workers alongside student leadership. Balance fun activities (monthly) with a solid base of discipleship (weekly). There are approximately 3,000 students (9-12 grades) in the area (Watertown, Carthage, Indian River).
Young Adults Responsibilities
- Passion to see the students continue to grow in number and in spiritual maturity on into their college and career years.
- Organizational and Administrative Skills: to network those in the area and away at school with a team of coworkers concerned for the college students.
- Creativity: this is a new emphasis for Parkside. Plan big events, as well as regular meetings that can motivate and challenge this hard to reach group.
- Called to Connect: Youth must segue into Young adults, so that a teen graduating does not feel disconnected but transitions well and does not get lost.
- Able to recruit, organize and develop a worship team to lead Sunday services.
- Select appropriate music based on input from the sermon topic.
- This responsibility will ONLY be AS NEEDED, and will not start until at least six months so as to expedite the Youth and Young Adult ministries.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to work closely with the team
- Assist in pastoral care with someone in their area of ministry or as needed
- $38,000 to 42,000, Salary and benefits fit experience and education
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Parkside Bible Church
As a member church of the C&MA (Christian and Missionary Alliance), Parkside Bible Church ministers to the Watertown, NY area as well as the 10th Mountain Army Division stationed at Fort Drum. We are a church that averages about 350 on Sunday mornings. More...