When applying please attach a video of you teaching or speaking. Also, we are looking for someone that has had at least 2 years experience.
Rockharbor Church is located in a suburb of Boise, Idaho called Meridian. It is the second largest city in the state, the fast growing city, and the largest school district. Meridian is an incredible place to live for many reasons. In fact, in many recent
reports it is listed as a top 5 place to live, work, and raise a family.
Rockharbor is a little over 21/2 years old and we have experienced God-sized growth averaging 1400 people in the month of November and December. We have an incredible group of High Schooll Students and Leaders. At our weekly HSM meeting, we are averaging
50-60 students and 13 leaders. We are looking for a strong leader who can not only lead the students, but lead the Leaders and Parents.
The High School Student Director will seek to change student and volunteer lives by leading directly with the High School. This includes helping to set, cast vision and direction for this ministry, evaluating and upgrading all elements of this ministry,
and leading the High School Ministry(HSM) leaders and volunteers.
Specific List of Responsibilities
- 70% High School Ministry
- 30% Rockharbor Ministry (RH Team, Events, etc. You will be given an additional ministry task.)
- Establish and champion a godly vision for HSM at Rockharbor.
- Oversee and lead all major aspects of student ministries, which includes but is not limited to.
- Facilitating weekly student environments for High School Students.
- Create engaging, age-appropriate Biblical messages.
- Create relevant environments, activities, and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning, God honoring relationships, and encourage spiritual growth.
- Plan and coordinate major Student Ministry events throughout the year.
- Design and nurture a healthy volunteer culture within student ministries.
- Collaborate with the team of volunteers in creating and planning everything in regards to student ministry.
- Recruit and thoroughly train all MSM adult volunteers to serve on Sunday mornings, Mid-week meetings, summer events, special events, etc. while training volunteers to share in the recruitment process collectively as a team.
- Communicate consistently and completely with the volunteer leaders.
- Teach and share vision with volunteers to “Love and Lead” the students.
- Be a leader of leaders. Allow, teach, and empower leaders to lead.
- Build and maintain relationships with students both churched and unchurched.
- Meet regularly with students.
- Look for opportunities to befriend, hangout, and disciple in a relational way with students at church, sporting events, in the community, etc.
- Build a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and families.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with parents.
- Provide clear and consistent communication with parents.
- Build relationships with parents.
- Encourage and help resource parents to disciple their students.
- Involve students in the ministry of the church in serving, discipling, and using their gifts.
- Work with the Rockharbor Staff team in leading the church as a whole.
- As a Rockharbor staff member we all facilitate other task that minister to the entire church.
- Spiritual gift mix of some or all of the following: Leadership, administration, and passion for students, parents, and volunteers at Rockharbor.
- Ability to develop and lead teams of volunteers. Be a leader of leaders, not just a doer.
- Ability to self-start, highly motivated.
- Be an engaging communicator.
- Ability to be a team player and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to function within a team structure and work independently on individual tasks.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work with other Rockharbor team staff members to coordinate and execute projects.
- Will foster an environment of creativity and excitement.
- Promotes a positive attitude and working environment.
- Needs to have at least 2 years of Full-time experience in Ministry or equivalent.
At Rockharbor Church we value working through people to accomplish goals, as well as personally contributing at a level that requires God’s help. By maintaining these priorities, we will put ourselves in a position where we can continue to strive for excellence
and value reaching lost people.