To plan and coordinate the education, fellowship, and worship opportunities for children and families. The Children's Pastor is responsible for all children’s programming newborn through fourth grade with specific highlights listed below as well as developing
a comprehensive ministry to families. You would also be asked to work closely with the youth pastor to oversee the 5th & 6th grade class on Sunday mornings. This class is desinged to be a transitional step preparing them for assimilation into the youth group
and adult worship services.
- To prioritize your personal spiritual health and that of your family through study of the Word, corporate & family worship, and maintaining a work schedule that is of benefit to you and your family as well as the Essential Church family.
- To be genuinely concerned for the spiritual health of the Essential Church family.
- To maintain an attitude of prayer, humility, thanksgiving, generosity, creativity, and love by seeking Christ and the fellowship of other staff on a regular basis.
- To take initiative for discovering ways to minister more effectively and lighten the load of administrative duties on the other staff of the church.
Essential Job Functions
- Recruit, Train, and Lead Leaders. To solicit and secure the involvement of lay leaders in the planning, implementation, leading, teaching, and supervision of children’s activities.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the Essential Kids Ministry. Some of the these include hiring paid childcare staff for small group ministry, calendar of events for children and family, develop and maintain budget needs.
- To serve as an advocate, role model, spiritual mentor, and encourager of our children and their families. Weekly pray for children, volunteers, and families.
- Create and Maintain a safe, fun environment for kids to learn about and experience God.
- Be able to lead the large group portion of Children's Church when necessary. Train and coach other leaders how to lead the large group effectively and creatively.
- Growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation
- Love for Children and a call to Children’s Ministry
- Self-motivated organized administrator
- Relational ministry style
- Connect with Essential Church vision and ministry philosophy. Some books that have influenced our church’s ministry: Barbarian Way, Blue Like Jazz, No Perfect People Allowed
About the Church
We started in February 2009. The church has grown about 20-25% every year and currently runs between 600-700 on Sunday mornings. Most of those who call Essential Church their church home are from either a non-church or inactive-Catholic background. In 2010
we were given a 15,000sqft building and 7 acres of land which we've just about maxed out. We are looking to expand our facility in 2015 to accomidate the continued growth.
- Further inqury or resume can be emailed to email@example.com
- Do not visit the church and tell people you are there because you are interested in the position. This is considered unprofessional and will automatically disqualify you from consideration.
- Do not call the church office asking for more information on the position.
- Please include a picture with resume, it helps us remember who you are in our search team meetings.