Position: Worship Director
Hours: Part-time (20-25 hours per week)
Summary: SPC is a congregation with a long and rich heritage. We are in the process of revitalizing and re-inventing ourselves as a church so that we can be most effective for the Kingdom of Heaven. We are seeking an individual to help us revitalize through
a “blended” style of worship. As we seek to move forward without losing our heritage, this person must be able and comfortable leading a well-done blend traditional & modern worship while maintaining a modern/contemporary appearance/atmosphere. This position
is for a two year commitment. Evaluation and determination of the position beyond that will be made by the SPC Board of Elders.
-A committed and growing relationship with the Jesus Christ.
-A gift & passion to worship & lead others in experiential worship.
-At least two years of worship ministry leadership experience.
-Experience working with audio/video & website technology.
-Experience recruiting, training and leading volunteers.
- To recruit and equip a team of singers and musicians.
- To train & rehearse the Worship Team
- To work with the Choir & Choir Directory in planning worship as well as helping to provide audio/video needs for special Choir performances.
- To work with the Worship Committee in planning “special worship service” (i.e. Lenten Services, Advent, Christmas Eve, etc.)
- To skillfully lead worship in a Blended Style with a Modern appearance.
- To select worship music and prepare each week’s set-list for all members of the worship team.
- To prepare a weekly Powerpoint & EasyWorship presentations for worship music.
- To oversee & update SPC’s website & online networking (i.e. Facebook, Youtube channel, etc.)
- To keep the “Worship Library” up to date.
Reports to: Lead Pastor