This is a part-time position (20-24 hours per week). To apply, please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we will only be in further contact with candidates for whom there is a potential
match and a next step in the process.
JOB TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministries
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
To oversee and coordinate all ministries for children from birth through Grade 6 at Trinity, with primary emphasis on KidsZone (Sunday morning ministries), but also including AWANA, Club 56, VBS and other children’s events and initiatives (e.g.,
Easter Eggstravaganza, Kids Fall Kick Off Event, etc.).
- Serving as the face and overseer of Trinity’s children’s ministries and shepherding its doctrine, vision, mission and strategy in that context.
- Leading the ministry of the Word, prayer and service towards the children of Trinity and in outreach to the families of the community.
- In coordination with the Senior Pastor, and in the context of the church vision and mission, developing, casting and/or executing a vision for children’s ministry at Trinity for the evangelization and discipleship of the next generation.
- Planning, development and oversight of ministries to children, including KidsZone (children’s Sunday School and Children’s Church), Nursery, Club 56 (Sunday evening program for grades 5 & 6), and Awana Clubs. Leaders may exist or be recruited to directly
lead and execute one or more of these areas, or subsets thereof, but under the oversight, evaluation and direction of the Director of Children’s Ministries.
- Identifying, recruiting, training, scheduling, evaluating adult and youth volunteers for the various children’s ministries.
- Planning, coordinating and promoting all special children’s ministries events throughout the church year, including VBS, as well as special events for outreach to the community in the context of Children’s Ministry, such as an Easter family outreach event
- Form and lead a lay ministry leadership team (or teams), as/if desired, to aid in the discharge of these duties.
- Identify, develop, update and execute processes and documentation that advance children’s ministry and provide a safe, winsome, compelling and biblically strong environment for children, volunteers and their parents (e.g., background check process, registration
process, evacuation procedures, etc.)
- Identify, plan and vet curriculum (in house and/or purchased) used in children’s ministries to ensure quality, instruction in the Bible toward application in life, Gospel-centered, Christ-exalting orientation, age appropriate depth , and theological soundness.
- Partner with parents, as opportunities arise, by resourcing them with materials and opportunities to grow their families in Christ.
- Involvement in other ministry responsibilities or activities as directed by the Senior Pastor, including staff meetings as needed.
- High energy, organized, and visionary individual who loves God, loves children and desires to see them come alive to and thrive in Jesus Christ
- A mature and growing walk with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Understanding and support of the EFCA Statement of Faith and TEFC Constitution and By-Laws
- Previous experience in Children’s Ministry, as a teacher, leader, or ministry director (church staff experience preferred, though not necessary)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the ability to lead leaders and volunteers
- Administrative and organizational aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of tools and social media (e.g., Facebook)
- Bachelors degree or higher preferred
HOURS PER WEEK: 24