The Payroll Administrator is responsible for all aspects the organization’s time and attendance and payroll systems. This employee’s primary responsibility is prompt and accurate payroll processing and other related tasks. This includes, but is not limited to: processing of payroll and related services, recordkeeping and reporting, filing tax reports, processing voluntary and involuntary deductions (garnishments), preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, completing needs assessment and implementing process improvements, preparing special reports for management and other departments, and other duties as assigned. This position requires sound financial management principles and practices and a broad knowledge of applicable laws, rules, and regulations, as well as compliance with the Rock’s policies and procedures as they relate to timekeeping, payroll processing, and other applicable functions. Visit our website at www.sdrock.com/jobs to complete an application. Email or fax your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 619.393.0187.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
Payroll and Administration
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees for time and attendance and payroll inquiries
- Develop and maintain a culture of excellent customer service, accuracy, reliability, and trust
- Respond to emails on business days within 24 hours of receipt, barring extenuating circumstances
- Process payroll and maintain payroll information as required:
- Complete accurate data entry and database maintenance in a timely manner
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports
- Perform gross to net calculation, audit and balancing
- Receive, input, compute, and balance payroll, in accordance with the established payroll schedule, and make appropriate deductions for taxes, retirement, insurance, 403b, and other authorized deductions
- Issue paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts, as applicable
- Process vendor transactions and file feeds – 403b, insurance, and other benefits
- Monitor accrued benefit hours for accuracy
- Process wage garnishments
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records, as applicable
- Maintain legal compliance relating to payroll-related functions
- Maintain compliance with payroll-related company policies
- Compile and submit State and Federal taxes, including quarter and year-end reconciliations, as needed
- Calculate, reconcile and distribute W-2 forms to employees and former employees
- Document workflow and work procedures
- Recommend process improvements to streamline operations, eliminate redundancies, and automate processes as much as practical
- Cross-train designated back-up to administer and process time and attendance and payroll
- Generate correspondence as needed
- And other duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Experience
Any combination of training, experience, and/or education equivalent to: graduation from high school and four years of technical/advanced clerical experience including bookkeeping and/or accounting functions. Experience with automated payroll systems and college-level course work preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Minimum three years of payroll experience
In-depth knowledge of California payroll wage and hour and payroll regulations is mandatory
In-depth knowledge of non-profit accounting procedures is a plus
Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now Payroll and Timekeeping, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), and Benefits modules
Good written and verbal communication skills
Excellent customer service skills and experience supporting employees in multiple work locations
Ability to work collaboratively and productively with others
Read, write, spell, and speak in clear English
Follow verbal and written instructions
Intermediate Excel knowledge
Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment background check, which includes: social security verification, credit report, local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements (Employee Expectations):
- Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times).
- Ability to interpret and apply rules and policies applicable to Human Resources.
- Must have knowledge of establish clerical procedures.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of all applicable background and reference checks.
- Professional attitude and demeanor and customer focus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented; use of good judgment and initiative; flexible, innovative.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Excellent computer skills to include word processing, basic spreadsheet, Outlook and other industry-specific programs. Able to create and manage a database and be able to extract information.
- Regular involvement in the Rock Church activities and events.
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church employee handbook.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Human Resources Director.
Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor.
Employment at the Rock Church and Academy is “At-Will,” meaning either the Rock or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at anytime, for any reason, with or without advance notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ControllerFaith Community United Methodist Church
- West Chester, Ohio
- December 2
Director of OperationsPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Executive Pastor of OperationsBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- November 29
Executive Pastor (767613)The Shepherd's Staff
- US Mid Atlantic, Virginia
- November 29
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29