Journey Ministries is currently seeking an experienced, passionate individual with a heart to lead, teach, and connect with the Middle School and High School Youth (6th-12th grades) of our congregation and our community. This person would be responsible for providing leadership, supervision, strategy, and program development for our student ministries that aligns with our church’s core beliefs and with our desire to serve youth, develop leaders and grow disciples for Jesus Christ.
About the Church:
Journey Ministries is a 9-year old growing church with a heart for the community that God has called us to serve. Our greatest desire is to invite people to begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, mentor them into Christ-like maturity, and equip them for Christian service. We are a mobile church currently meeting in a local school for our Sunday morning service. We have a separate building nearby used for staff offices and multi-purpose functions (youth group, bible studies, small gatherings). Journey is led by an elected leadership team. We are seeking to find the right person to oversee our growing number of teens. We currently average 40-60 Middle & High School students involved in our youth programs, led by a dozen volunteer youth workers. We are blessed to have the support of an entire church body committed to seeing young people experience authentic life-giving community, engage in service opportunities, and become passionate kingdom-minded Jesus followers. (For more about us, visit our website: www.journeymin.org)
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE:
- Strong walk with God through a committed and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Agreement with the overall mission and core beliefs of Journey (www.journeymin.org/core-beliefs)
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a growing youth ministry
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field. (Some Bible college or Seminary desired)
- Experience managing others / Proven ability to recruit, mobilize and empower volunteers
STRONG CANDIDATES WOULD HAVE:
- Servant’s heart for ministry and deep desire to see people know Christ and grow in faith
- Understanding of youth culture today and ability to connect with teens in a relevant way
- Proven ability to lead, modeling a way of life [godly conduct] that inspires others to follow
- Communication skills to effectively teach and inspire students, parents, and volunteers
- Contagious Enthusiasm- high energy, fun-loving, dynamic vision-casting leader
- Out-of-the-box creativity and innovative ideas
- Ability to self-start, Highly motivated
- Healthy Family Life. If married, the spouse must be a believer who supports the ministry and is committed to being actively involved at Journey Ministries.
- Teachable spirit, with a desire to grow in faith and abilities
- Desire to be a team player with extraordinary relational skills (excited to join a vibrant ministry team)
1.) Establish and champion a godly vision for youth ministry at Journey with a plan to cast and lead others in implementing strategies that will build and enhance this vision.
2.) Supervise all major aspects of Student Ministries, which includes but is not limited to:
* Facilitating a weekly youth group experience for both Middle & High School students
* Giving wisdom and leadership to ensure strong Biblical teaching and application
* Planning programs, activities and events for students where students connect, learn, and serve
(i.e. worship services, camps, retreats, mission trips, and community service opportunities.)
* Providing ongoing discipleship, counseling, or training of students and volunteers
3.) Design and nurture a healthy volunteer culture within Student Ministries:
* Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteers to work with students
* Collaborate with team of current volunteers in creating and planning youth programs & events
4.) Build and maintain relationships with kids both churched and unchurched
* Meet regularly with kids from the youth group
* Look for opportunities to befriend and hangout with kids on campus, at sports events,
or in the community
5.) Develop and maintain quality relationships with parents
* Provide clear and consistent communication with parents
* Encourage and help resource parents
6.) Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the vision, worship service, activities, and service opportunities.
7.) Work with the Journey Ministries Leadership Team to oversee the youth ministry budget
8.) Participate as an active, unified and life-giving member of the staff team at Journey Ministries, under the supervision and leadership of the Senior Pastor and elected Leadership Team.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 6th, 2013.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
High School/Young Adults PastorFBC Loganville
- Loganville, Georgia
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 6
Student Ministry PastorUniontown Bible Church
- Westminster, Maryland
- December 6
Dogwood Church - Director of Student MinistryVanderbloemen Search Group
- Peachtree City, Georgia
- December 6
Journey Ministries is a 9-year old growing church with a heart for the community that God has called us to serve. Our greatest desire is to invite people to begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, mentor them into Christ-like maturity, and equip them for Christian service. We are a mobile church currently meeting in a local school for our Sunday morning service. We have a separate building nearby used for staff offices and multi-purpose functions (youth group, bible studies, small gatherings). Journey is led by an e More...