Church and Community Overview
Bethel Baptist Church is one of the largest evangelical churches situated in the town of Galesburg, IL with 32,000 in the city and 52,000 in Knox County. Galesburg is the home of two institutes of higher learning: Carl Sandburg College, a two year junior
college and Knox College, a four year Liberal Arts College. We feel that there are plenty of opportunities for growth and impact through Knox County and beyond. We have an average Sunday morning attendance of 570 (adults and children). This multi-generational
church has a regional outreach and a strong global impact. In 1999 we moved into our new sanctuary with a 700-seat sanctuary. The church is multi-staffed and engages in a variety of ministries to reach our community. Bethel Baptist Church is debt free with
a solid financial base. To read more about our history and current ministries and demographics click here: http://www.mybethel.com/church-profile
We are looking for a servant leader, highly relational, with a clear vision for local, regional and global ministry. He will need to have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and inter-personally), a calling for developing new leaders, a passion for reaching people far from God, and the ability to motivate others to be a part of God’s redemptive cause.
- Leadership Skills
- The creativity to envision new possibilities for the ministry of Bethel.
- The ability to think strategically about opportunities and challenges.
- Identify and communicate clear goals and effective strategies to achieve them.
- The ability to recruit, lead and manage church staff to fulfill the mission of the church.
- Develop an effective ministry team with staff and lay leaders.
- Realistically assess situations and take appropriate actions.
- The awareness of and ability to employ current technology for effective ministry.
- Shepherd and develop the Board of Deacons and ministry leaders.
- Communication Skills
- Strong biblical preaching for life transformation.
- The ability to teach and communicate God’s Word in a variety of settings.
- Cast and communicate a compelling and clear vision for Bethel Baptist Church.
- Oversee written communications throughout the church.
- Oversee worship planning and preparation to inspire the church and reach the community.
- Relationship Skills
- A strong encourager and lover of people.
- Effective at interpersonal communication both as a listener and a speaker.
- Able to develop and employ the unique strengths of others.
- Able to be a healing presence in conflicted relationships both personal and corporate.
- Personal Qualities
- Meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- An inherent grace orientation in their relationship to God and other people.
- Energy and passion in implementing ministry.
- Attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles.
- Professional Qualities
- Embrace and hold the Affirmation of Faith of Bethel Baptist Church.
- Maintain a baptistic perspective in theology and policy.
- A Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or Bible College is preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience in a Senior Pastor or comparable role in a church of at least 400 is preferred.
- A heart for reaching the lost is strongly preferred.
- Has had experience as Senior Pastor supervising multiple staff (associate pastor, youth pastor, secretary, etc).
- Has had experience as Senior Pastor working with multiple Boards.
Applicants should send their resume via email to email@example.com
Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Lead PastorFirst Baptist Church of Dayton, OH
- Dayton, Ohio
- October 24
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...