Grace Church is located in Camby, IN just 6 miles south west of Indianapolis, IN. For the past 60 years Grace Church has been reaching and growing Christ-followers in this region. The last 10 years have been filled with a total facility relocation (100,000
square foot facility housing an auditorium seating 700, full size gymnasium, café, children’s ministry space, student ministry and office space) and growth from 400 to over 800 people who call Grace Church home. A member of The Missionary Church denomination,
Grace Church needs to fill the full time Executive Pastor position, which will become vacant January 1, 2014 due to the retirement of the current Executive Pastor.
- A Leader of Leaders, collaborative, team based, people empowering person.
- Primary role: Vision Castor and Overseer for Administration, Finance, and Staff Management (5 full time pastors, 2 part time administration positions, and 4 part time custodians). Secondary role to be discussed based on gifting & experience. (Specific
administration, finance, and staff management details are available upon request)
- Experience: at least 5 years in the area of Administration in a church of at least 500. This is not an entry-level position but one that requires both ministry and life experience.
- Education: minimum- undergraduate with a ministry degree or it’s equivalent with a preference for postgraduate study.
- Lives out the Great commission practically.
- Has a track record of mobilizing, empowering, and leading teams.
- Manages household well: financially, sound marriage and family (if married- spouse on board with ministry).
- Well-rounded, healthy lifestyle, understanding of the culture and church, with a heart for lost people and the processes of people developing into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Emotional Intelligence, a sense of humor, lover of people, and life long learner are all qualities that will fit well with current staff.
- Committed to long-term ministry.
- Willingness and qualified to pursue either pastoral license or ordination if not already licensed in The Missionary Church http://www.mcusa.org/.
- Spiritual gifting: Administration/Organization & Leadership. An added plus would be the gift of Teaching.
- It is not necessary to currently be an Indianapolis Colts or Indiana Pacer fan but must be willing to convert.
Where We are Headed…
Creating environments that help people take their next step in becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ is what we are about at Grace Church. Reaching people far from God and helping them grow to become reproducing disciples of Jesus is our heartbeat.
We live in the 21-century and how we reach and grow people needs to be relevant to the times and grounded in God’s timeless Word. Our worship is contemporary with full band and audiovisual components with the desire to expand the creativity of all we do to
effectively fulfill our vision. If you would like to be considered for this position please forward a one-page cover letter stating why you feel you would be a fit at Grace and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls or hard copy