Faith Church, a growing United Methodist congregation in North Central Pennsylvania, is looking to add a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries to its Leadership Team. Averaging just above 500 in 3 worship services each weekend, nearly 100 of those
are children through grade 6! We are looking for an passionate and energetic leader to oversee this growing area of ministry as we seek to help more children and their families connect, grow, serve and go.
Find out more about Faith Church at www.faithum.net.
Interested applicants and inquiries should submit a cover letter, resume, references, and any other pertinent information to:
Attention: Director of Children’s Ministries
Larry Leland, Lead Pastor
Faith United Methodist Church
700 Fairview Drive
Montoursville, PA 17754
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Dir. of Children’s Ministries
Title: Director of Children’s Ministries
Purpose: The Director of Children’s Ministries shall be a committed Christian who helps children and adults connect, grow, serve and go by establishing and overseeing an effective ministry with and for children of the church and the
community, from birth through 4th grade.
Requirements: Education and/or ministry degree, and experience leading Children’s Ministries on staff at a church preferable, but not required.
Responsible To: Lead Pastor
Hours: Full-time, including Saturday evenings, Sunday mornings and others as needed by Children’s Ministries, and under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
Description of Duties:
- Oversee and equip a team of paid and volunteer, Safe-Sanctuaries trained staff that provides leadership for children’s ministries: including Hands-On Bible Club, nursery and child care, Vacation Bible School and Easter Egg Hunt, etc.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to determine short-term and long-term goals for the church’s ministry with and for children and their families.
- Recruit, and equip a willing and enthusiastic team of children’s ministry workers.
- Provide training and support for volunteers in the children’s ministry.
- Maintain children’s classrooms and keep all supplies in stock.
- Develop and oversee budget and expenditures for ministries related to children and their families.
- Assess and purchase curriculum and supplies for children’s ministries.
- Develop and maintain appropriate safety and security guidelines, including adherence to the congregation’s Safe Sanctuaries policy with regard to children’s ministries volunteers and staff, working with the Director of Student Ministries.
- Provide leadership for special events, including registration for Hands-On Bible Club, Bible presentation to 3rd graders, Vacation Bible School and Easter Egg Hunt.
- Serve as the Leadership Team liaison with Faith Preschool, including serving on the board and supervising the preschool staff.
- Supervise the Nursery/Child Care Coordinator.
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team with other key staff.
- Other duties as directed by Lead Pastor