This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Director for Christian Preschool
New Venture Christian Fellowship
Oceanside, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/19/2009
Categories: Christian Education
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
New Venture Christian Schools has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director to join our talented team! The ideal candidate will have completed the course work as stated below and must be passionate, caring and experienced.
New Venture Christian Fellowship is a non-denominational church located in the community of Oceanside, North San Diego County. We offer an excellent benefit package that includes a variety of health, vision and dental plans, retirement investment and supplemental health options, discounted school tuition for children attending our private Christian School, and a generous leave program that includes vacation and sick leave, plus 12 paid holidays a year!
Salary depends on experience. No phone calls please. Email, mail or fax cover letter and resume with position title Assistant Director clearly indicated to:
New Venture Christian Fellowship
4000 Mystra Dr.
Oceanside, CA 92056
• Passion for working with preschoolers
• Enthusiasm for recognizing and sharing with others the amazing ways preschoolers learn through creative play experiences
• Commitment to and understanding of hands-on, developmental curriculum
• Commitment to fostering learning in a loving, Christian environment
• Good “people skills,” maintaining professional attitude toward all staff, parents, children, and other church staff/members on campus
• Ability to discern when information in confidential, and exercising appropriate response
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to be flexible when needed
• All candidates must meet the requirements set forth by the State of California Child Care Licensing Regulations.
• 24 units of Early Childhood Education (including at least 3 units of ECE Administration) preferred
• At least 2 years experience working with preschoolers in a center based program preferred
• Background check required
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Act as director in the absence of the director
• Coordinate Curriculum: assisting in development and implementation of curriculum
• Track accreditation preparation process
• Administration: Helping with administrative responsibilities
• Sub/Teach as needed in any age group (Nursery through Gift of Time)
• Assist Director in daily operations, licensing reports, in-service preparation, school-parent relations, preparation and registration for the new school year, and planning and implementing the programs.
• Plan with the director to accommodate the changing needs of the school in regard to General Areas of Responsibility, Facility Maintenance, Enrollment, Staff, Parents, Children, Program, and Health/Safety.
• Welcome new students. Provide a welcome "first impression" for all prospective families. Give tours.
• Facility: Help keep the facility clean, safe, and a welcoming space for all.
• Children's Files: Help maintain children files
• Emergency Kits: Record and maintain earthquake kits. Keep first aid kit updated.
• Meetings: Attends preschool staff meetings, in-services. Attends Board meetings as needed.