Heartland Community Church in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids, IA area has an opening for a part-time worship leader. The worship leader, a member of the church staff, leads worship for Sunday morning service. This position is responsible for the following:
1. To administrate, supervise, and maintain an effective worship atmosphere by:
- Assisting the lead pastor in the preparation of worship services that is consistent with Heartland’s Core Value of Celebrative and Reflective Worship. This includes helping to plan the order of worship, selection of music, scripture, video, PowerPoint
slides and other creative mediums.
- Leading the worship team in a weekly practice (prior to Sunday) to prepare the worship team.
- Overseeing the sound and media systems so that quality and professional presentation happens in every service.
2. To communicate and be accountable by:
- Attending worship planning meetings with the pastor.
- Attending monthly Church Ministry Team (CMT) meetings.
- Communicating all worship needs and concerns with the pastor and leadership team
3. To publicize and promote the music ministry of the church by:
- Equipping and empowering gifted people to serve through music. This includes diversity in Sunday worship lead, rotation with vocals and instrumentalists where necessary, and in recruiting new talent from within and outside of the church.
- Encouraging a healthy team atmosphere, and in understanding the direction and vision for the church, instilling a spirit of harmony and unity that seeks to accomplish our mission
The successful candidate will be an accomplished and skilled musician who is comfortable with various contemporary styles of music. This salaried position is approximately 10 to 15 hours per week, and the pay is commensurate with a candidate's training and
experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applications, including a resume and video of you leading worship, should be sent to Heartland.firstname.lastname@example.org.