Must have their family in godly order
Be able to sing
Lead either by Keyboard or Guitar
To provide and develop music ministry that contributes to the ministry of the church and the cause of Christ in evangelism, outreach, edification, and comfort.
- Coordinates total musical program of the church.
- Prepares for and directs worship for church worship services.
- Trains and schedules worship leaders.
- Schedules ”special music” and presentations for special services (Christmas, Easter, etc.).
- Selects new music.
- Correspond/contact with choir members, soloists, ensemble members, including audition/recruiting of new musicians.
- Takes care that no copyright laws are violated, by setting an example in the church by honoring the rights and property of others (includes media duplication) by familiarizing themselves with copyright laws.
- Keeps accurate records of music and talents available and when used in each service.
- Encourages participation in weekly prayer before services from all participants in music ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- The Worship Pastor will maintain full accountability and loyalty to the Lead Pastor and other staff members.
- They will keep proper rapport between team members, reviewing upcoming events, and informing staff of dates.
- The Worship Pastor should communicate adequately to various ministries of special events (i.e. ushers, custodians, parking and altar workers, etc.)
- Recognize needs and job descriptions may change as the church tries to better minister to this area and be ready to change as the need arises or as the Pastor directs.
- When duties of staff members overlap, consultation and cooperation is expected for the sake of efficiency, harmony, and maximum ministry to the congregation.