Mission of the Position:
The director of music is responsible for providing the leadership in the area of music. He/she should be able to work with volunteers of varying skill and experience levels, and be well versed in a broad scope of hymns and spiritual songs. The director of music should possess strong musical abilities and have experience in choral conducting and also possesses a musical repertoire that would allow him/her to improvise as occasions may demand.
Qualifications: A committed Christian who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others.
- Must have Music/Choir Director experience.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles and the ability to teach these varying styles to the choir.
- Possess effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Act as a Spiritual Leader for the choir.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary Function of Position: To work with the choir and congregation to assure the success of a worshipful music ministry.
- Direct the choir during weekly choir practice on Wednesday evenings (plus additional times identified by special needs) and direct the choir and congregation during our Sunday 9:15 am Traditional Worship service.
- Lead and develop the spiritual and musical growth of hand-bell choir.
- Select, prepare, and provide appropriate hand bell music for worship services and special services.
- Conduct all rehearsals and performances of the hand-bell choir.
- Direct and lead and provide oversight to youth choir.
- Conduct practices for youth choir, coach and guide youth in singing techniques.
- Take initiative by being creative in the development of major musical events, i.e. Christmas Cantata, Christmas Eve service, and Easter service.
- Collaborate with the Pastor by selecting music that reflects the theme and message for each Sunday service.
- Performance and celebration with special choir selections or programs of music is encouraged from time to time for the promotion of choral worship and the general
Page 2 of 2
- spiritual health of the congregation. Arrangements for special soloists, accompanists or instrumentalist will be made by the choir director.
- The music director will be responsible for the choir’s appearance, sound and delivery.
- The director will be responsible for recruiting new choir members throughout the year from the overall church body of Christian community.
- Purchase choral music and supplies, while staying within the annual budget.
- The music director shall perform the duties of the position in a cordial and cooperative manner with the Pastor, Staff, Congregation, and members of the choir.
- Perform all other duties related to music as assigned by Pastor.
- Broad, comprehensive musical knowledge
- Experience in choral conducting
- Spiritual/theological knowledge
- Strong faith in Christ
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17