Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships,
and pursue God’s call for their life.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Forest Home's Buildings & Grounds department is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who has an evident and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a call to ministry through the use of technical and maintenance skills. A successful candidate will have
demonstrated servant leadership skills, work well in a team role, and have a good basic knowledge of wood working, plumbing, tools, and operating equipment.
- Performs general maintenance functions as they relate to the larger facility.
- Performs maintenance in assigned areas as related to service slip format.
- Coordinates and provides leadership for work parties and volunteers.
- Assists in snow removal, parking, lake cleaning, and other tasks as assigned even after normal business hours.
- Assists Buildings & Grounds staff in weekend duty.
- Operates vehicles, tractors, equipment and tools in a safe manner.
- Complies with factory specifications in relationship to equipment and material, and assures that all materials are handled according to factory recommendations and training.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires ability to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Technical ability and capability.
- General knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling and tools.
- Have or be willing to be trained in basic window repair.
- Hold and maintain a Class 2 driving classification with a Hazardous Material Certification from the DMV in the
- State of California.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Maintain proper and professional appearance according to Forest Home guidelines.
- A self-starter and able to work independently.
- Have excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality work.
- Requires driving and some heavy lifting.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY