Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.
Forest Home's Buildings & Grounds department is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who has an evident and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a call to ministry through the use of technical and maintenance skills. A successful candidate will have demonstrated servant leadership skills, work well in a team role, and have a good basic knowledge of wood working, plumbing, tools, and operating equipment.
- Performs general maintenance functions as they relate to the larger facility.
- Performs maintenance in assigned areas as related to service slip format.
- Coordinates and provides leadership for work parties and volunteers.
- Assists in snow removal, parking, lake cleaning, and other tasks as assigned even after normal business hours.
- Assists Buildings & Grounds staff in weekend duty.
- Operates vehicles, tractors, equipment and tools in a safe manner.
- Complies with factory specifications in relationship to equipment and material, and assures that all materials are handled according to factory recommendations and training.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires ability to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Technical ability and capability.
- General knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling and tools.
- Have or be willing to be trained in basic window repair.
- Hold and maintain a Class 2 driving classification with a Hazardous Material Certification from the DMV in the
- State of California.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Maintain proper and professional appearance according to Forest Home guidelines.
- A self-starter and able to work independently.
- Have excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality work.
- Requires driving and some heavy lifting.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
MISSION Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World. VISION Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life. More...