The Director of Music Ministry leads First Christian Church of Kent (Disciples of Christ) in authentic worship through both modern and traditional church music. The Director should be able to rehearse and direct a band and vocalists for leading modern ,traditional,
and blended worship experiences. The Director will assist in creating and planning transformational worship services by weaving together song, word, and other artistic expression, drawing on a wide spectrum of worship styles from traditional to eclectic.
The Director of Music Ministries reports to and is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
15-20 hours per week
- Passion for God and leading others into God’s presence through meaningful worship experiences.
- The ability to lead the worship experience by proficiently playing the piano, guitar, or other instruments.
- Experience leading both traditional choral ensembles and modern worship bands including percussion.
- Called to lead others in worship with a passion for congregational singing.
- Values various styles of music for worship and the capacity to navigate the complexity of a blended worship service community.
- Knowledge of modern Christian songs and traditional hymnody.
- Has a heart for nurturing, encouraging, and empowering volunteers to actively
- participate in worship music.
- Possesses skills in communication, organization, and administration.
- Plan and participate in the music of two weekly worship services and rehearsals for each service (and special seasonal worship services as needed).
- Work in conjunction with Senior Pastor and Worship Team to shape the worship experience through musical and artistic offerings, providing music ideas for worship services.
- Lead, direct and promote growth to both traditional vocal ensembles and contemporary praise bands.