Type of Position:
Full-time [37.5 hours/week]
$20 – 25/hr, based on qualifications
Health and dental benefits provided
January 1, 2010
October 24, 2013
Purpose / Summary
The Communications Coordinator serves to output information to the congregation of and community surrounding CrossRoads Church. The Communications Coordinator manages web communication, social media, reproduces and distributes sermon messages and assists
with printed communication.
Principally, the purpose of this role is to help tell our stories through various forms of media and provide expertise on effective communication of both corporate and ministry-specific messages. The Communications Coordinator works along with the Publications
Designer to form the Creative Team to oversee and strategize about church-wide communication.
The individual will be highly professional and positive with outstanding ability to communicate Christian message and an eagerness to explore and learn.
- Participate as a member of the Creative Team, brainstorming and envisioning ways to communicate best with the congregation and community.
Website and Social Media
- Perform a monthly comb-through of website for outdated information/broken links/etc.
- Participate in social media forums on behalf of CrossRoads
- Perform ongoing maintenance and revisions of the mobile app and other social media formats
- Ensure that CrossRoads stays current and relevant with how and what we use for social media
- Consult with ministry leaders and groups with web page updates, blogs and the use of other social media, as required.
- Oversee general website content and maintenance and, when necessary, the construction of the new site
- Maintain weekly updates on different media for:
- Sermon MP3 recordings
- Online publications
- Advertisements, calendars and event registration
- Other communication initiatives, as required
- Maintain, manage and promote Sermon CD recordings
- Oversee duplication equipment and supplies
- Maintain staff communication forums
- Provide backup for the Publications Designer by taking on individual projects and publications, as required
- Use various forms of media for displays or information packages
Publications / Special Projects
- Assist the front office team in a backup role supporting all aspects of serving our community and guests
- Post-secondary education in Communications or related major. Equivalencies in the form of experience will be considered.
- Experience with the communication of Christian message, especially with web-based media
- Sound judgement and proven ability to write well in way that is both engaging and compelling.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Master Collection: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Dreamweaver)
- Proficiency with Joomla, Word Press and other web design software as well as various plug-ins.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook), with the ability to learn new applications
- Spiritually mature Christian
- Member, or willingness to become a member of CrossRoads Church
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage a number of varied tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills – a willingness to serve with a positive attitude
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- A high level of initiative and the ability to work independently and perform duties with minimal direction and supervision
- Must sign the CrossRoads Staff Lifestyle Agreement
- Must provide a clean criminal record check and child intervention check (child welfare check)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Deanna Van Muyen at the Church Office or via email to DeannaV@CrossRoadsChurch.ca.
38105 Range Road 275
Red Deer County, AB T4S 2N4