Located between Denver and the foothills, Grace Fellowship of Lakewood is a church with a singular passion: The glory of God. We are looking for a godly and gifted self-starter who has a passion for God’s glory and for influencing young people for Christ. This man will serve as the chief shepherd of Grace Fellowships' teenage sheep, leading and nurturing them. We are a missions minded church. This position also involves leading a missions team periodically.
Responsibilities – Ministry to Students
• Regularly pray for the teens
• Regularly share the gospel, and also train our youth to share their faith and reach others.
• Lead weekly Sunday School for teens and Friday night youth group.
• Locate credible missions opportunities and coordinate efforts to involve the youth ministry.
• Develop a follow-up procedure for all visitors.
Responsibilities - Ministry to Families
• Regularly pray for the parents of GFL.
• Develop a ministry which supports, equips and encourages parents in their Biblical responsibilities as parents.
• Plan, encourage and support parental involvement in youth ministry.
• Provide counseling to parents and families as needed.
Responsibilities - Ministry to Youth Group Leaders
• Regularly pray for youth group leaders.
• Meet with youth group leaders on a regular basis to pray and to discuss upcoming events, challenges, and solutions.
• Recruit, train and support volunteer leaders and delegate responsibilities to them.
• Plan and facilitate a yearly retreat with all adult leaders to review the year and create new goals for the coming year.
Responsibilities - Leadership
• Give direction to and oversee youth programs. These programs include worship, spiritual development, education, fellowship, discipleship, evangelism, missions, and leadership training.
• Create a vision for the future and growth of the ministry: design it, communicate it, and lead the ministry to achieve it.
• Submit ministry goals to the senior pastor, associate pastor and elder board at the beginning of each fiscal year
• Maintain a healthy relationship with staff members and assist the pastors in fulfilling God’s overall vision for the church.
• Immediately inform the senior pastor or associate pastor of any areas of concern or conflict.
• Participate in staff meetings and attend elder board meetings as necessary.
• Attend and support GFL worship services, activities, and functions.
• Develop a youth ministry budget and track expenditures throughout the year.
• Submit an annual ministry budget to the Trustee Board by July 1 of each year.
• Create and use a variety of communication tools: fliers, bulletin announcements, parental letters, internet updates and ensure that they are delivered in a timely manner.
• Coordinate all youth events with church activities and post them on the church calendar.
• Effectively oversee all youth-related administrative responsibilities.
• Meet with the appropriate pastor and/or elder board for an annual review, using this job description and ministry goals as the standard.
• Disciple and multiply other leaders.
If you feel inclined toward applying for this position, please send your resume to Grace Fellowship of Lakewood, 9210 W. 2nd Ave., Lakewood, CO 80226, Attn: Pastor Hugh. We will be accepting resumes through mid May. Thank you for considering this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
Grace Fellowship of Lakewood
We are a medium sized church — large enough to make an impact in our community — but not so large as to let people slip through the cracks. In a nutshell, we are Christ-centered in worship, expository in preaching, and reformed in doctrine. As a Baptist church, that means we believe in the supremacy of God and, at bottom, we treasure His Word. About 250 people worship the sovereign King together at Grace each Sunday. More...