Purpose: The Director of Operations is an integral senior leader, providing oversight to the operation of Kamloops Alliance Church as we fulfill our mission to be Rivers of Life flowing to our city and beyond. The Director of Operations
will oversee Facilities Management, Administration, Financial Operations, Information Technology, HR Administration and Special Projects. You will collaborate with the Lead Pastor and Senior Associate Pastor, interpret strategic and business direction for
the church, effectively communicating and ensuring staff are knowledgeable and that their work is aligned with the goals. Involvement includes: preparation and management of the annual budget, supervising the accounting, clerical and bookkeeping functions
ensuring that all financial requirements are met, working closely with the Finance Committee and the Building Committee. Oversee all security and risk management with respect to all aspects of church ministry. Building a highly productive, cohesive team is
a priority. The Director of Operations is a member of the Senior Management Team that assists the Lead Pastor and the Senior Associate Pastor with development and implementation of the vision, mission and goals of the Church. The
Director of Operations is employed fulltime by Kamloops Alliance Church.
Areas of Responsibility:
Liaison with Lead Pastor: 5%
- Act as a liaison between Senior Management Team and the
Operations Team, effectively communicating direction and expectations.
- Meet regularly with Lead Pastor for prayer and planning.
- In consultation with the Lead Pastor, ensure that the business and finance matters of the Church are effectively planned and implemented. Monitor the finances regularly ensuring that the systems and processes are implemented and acceptable for accounting
Financial Management: 30%
- Collaborate and assist with the development and approval of a Strategic (long term) and annual operating plan. (Plan is initiated by the Lead Pastor and the Board of Elders). Strategic and annual plan includes measurable goals and objectives for and by
staff members. Monitor results to ensure that the entire KAC team is successful in achieving planned outcomes.
- Responsible for the financial oversight of church operations. Implement processes in line with the charitable status of the church; manage the forecasts, results, investments, income tax status and receipts.
- Negotiate, complete and administer contracts for all aspects of the Church business including Human Resources, Facilities, IT and Plant Management.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of legislation and best practices related to “charitable status” and insure that KAC functions within those guidelines.
- Serve as a member of the Finance Committee and Building Committee.
- Responsible for the Plant Management of all church facilities.
Leadership/ Management: 25%
- As an experienced leader, create and support an environment within the team and office where employees are inspired to excel in their roles.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to ensure communication is accurate to/from all individuals in the organization.
- Insure that action plans are aligned with the overall strategic and annual plan of KAC.
- Effectively lead and manage Operations Team members, providing coaching and mentoring as required.
- Oversee maintenance team, supervise the upkeep, maintenance and cleaning of the facilities.
- Manage use of the property by inside and outside sources ensuring contracts are administered and payments are received.
- Manage all aspects of security and risk management for buildings and property.
- Working with Operations Team staff to establish expectations and measurable goals, and review progress and outcomes on a regular basis.
- Serve as needed to lead Special Projects (Stewardship, Facilities expansion).
Human Resources: 15%
- Ensure that the Operations Team members are aligned with the strategic and annual plans and that they understand the priorities that have been agreed to by the Elders Board and Lead Pastor.
- Review the responsibilities, talents and skills of each Operations Team member to insure that there is compatibility and effectiveness, so that a high quality of work is achieved.
- Responsible to assist with the recruitment of new Operations Team staff members, ensuring that a process is in place for accessing staffing needs and filling the positions. Collaborate with the Senior Associate Pastor to develop contract terms, job offers,
orientation for new employees, exit interviews for employees leaving KAC.
- Job Descriptions for the Operations Team members need to be reviewed regularly, and performance evaluations conducted in collaboration with each employee. Coach for improvements in performance establishing agreements and follow up plans.
- Work effectively with the Senior Associate Pastor ensuring that teams are aligned.
- Promote Professional Development - planning ahead with each staff member. When a learning need has been identified, support employees by agreeing on desired outcomes prior to and following the learning opportunity.
- Be your team member’s biggest cheer leader, encouraging them to strive for excellence.
Communications/ Information Technology: 20%
- Effectively create and manage communications for the church using IT efficiently, providing education, coaching and training for staff and volunteers.
- Manage KAC software and hardware ensuring that they are up to date and effective.
- Oversee the effective use of a church database in order to effectively understand financial, human and ministry efficiencies.
- Give oversight and direction to the church’s contracted IT Consultant.
- Give oversight to the global communication strategy of Kamloops Alliance Church.
Elders Board Involvement: 5%
- Commit to the vision and mission of the church and become creatively involved in supporting the Lead Pastor in the development, articulation and implementation of the same.
- As delegated by the Lead Pastor, attend Elder’s meetings to bring updates and input.
- Provide current information to the Board to aid in their decision making.
- Facilitate the flow of information between the Elder’s Board and the staff.
General Responsibilities and Expectations:
All Church Staff ought to know Jesus personally and love him whole heartedly. This ought to be evidenced through spiritual growth and an obvious love of Jesus.
Church staff ought to engage in biblically grounded and sacred rhythms that help us grow in a personal relationship with Jesus through daily devotions (Scripture reading, prayer, accountability, acts of justice and evangelical witness), Sabbath practice,
Stewardship and Christian celebrations (Christmas, Advent and Easter).
All Church staff ought to participate in church life through regular attendance at, and participation in, Celebration Services and Small Groups.