The Worship Arts Pastor will serve as Shepherd, Artist and Theologian to lead Kamloops Alliance Church into meaningful expressions of devotion to God as we live out our purpose to be
rivers of life flowing to our community and beyond. As Shepherd, you will lead people in community, creating an environment where worship musicians, technicians and lay people serve in a highly cooperative, humble and rich way honouring one another
as we lift up Jesus. As Artist, you will bring an ever deepening passion to be the best you can be in your area(s) of giftedness and encourage and equip others to serve skillfully in their area(s) of ministry. As Theologian, you will engage deeply with Scripture
and understand how to lead worship services which, through biblical/historical depth and contemporary passion, deepen our love and obedience to Jesus and impact our neighbourhoods. The Worship Arts Pastor is a member of the Leadership Team, reporting to the
Senior Associate Pastor and assisting the Lead Pastor with development and implementation of the vision, mission and goals of the Church. The Worship Arts Pastor is employed full time by Kamloops Alliance Church. Accreditation by the Christian and Missionary
Alliance in Canada is a requirement for this pastoral postion.
Core Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Deep devotion to God, love for his Word and his people.
- Lover of family.
- Highly relational (caring and personable on an individual level).
- Gifted with leadership skills (on and off the platform).
- Articulate (able to communicate well).
- Strong organizational skills, works effectively and efficiently and manages time well.
- Humble authentic attitude.
- Innovative and creative.
- Skilled musicianship (instrumental and vocal).
- Able to engage the congregation to follow you as a worship leader.
- Attracts others to the Worship Arts Ministry.
- Developing a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring and teaching.
- The ability to release ministry to others and support them.
- Competent producer of live music in a culture of musical diversity.
- Functional understanding of audio, video and lighting systems and their application.
Areas of Responsibility:
Liaison with Senior Associate Pastor: 10%
- Works with the Senior Associate Pastor to understand and effectively communicate direction and expectations to worship arts team members.
- Meets regularly with Senior Pastor for prayer and planning, ensuring worship services are well organized and align with messages.
Shepherd (Leadership/Pastoral): 35%
- Shepherd your team, guiding them to health and fruitfulness as followers of Jesus and as skilled artists.
- As a leader, support an environment within the team and office where all are inspired to excel in their roles.
- In consultation with the Leadership Team, recruit, train and mobilize musicians, artists, technicians and support craftspeople for a vibrant worship ministry.
- Build a worship culture that is continually pointing to God, resulting in ever-growing worship.
- Coach and Mentor worship team leaders and musicians to bring the church’s best offering to God.
- Provide pastoral care to Worship Arts teams and Worship Arts leadership, modelling and encouraging the spiritual disciplines of prayer, engagement with scripture, reflection, life in community, celebration and stewardship of all resources.
- Provide oversight to all aspects of Audio Visual ministry, building teams and inspiring creativity.
- Effectively communicate with key contacts.
- Lead the Worship Planning Team for services and special events in conjunction with the Lead and Senior Associate Pastor.
- Function as primary worship leader on the platform.
- Provide leadership for special events ensuring volunteers are inspired to participate.
- Oversee rehearsals as needed, effectively making use of peoples’ time and talents.
- Care for your growth as an artist with ongoing discipline and professional development.
- Create development opportunities for musicians and technicians to create a culture of ongoing improvement in ministry and technical skills.
- Lead the Design Team to bring creative ideas, artistic impulses and a variety of spiritual pathways to weekend services.
Communications / Human Resources: 20%
- Establish appropriate expectations and communicate clear goals with each person on the team.
- Produce outreach-oriented events that are strategic to the overall vision and mission of the Church.
- Oversee creation and implementation of the worship arts budget.
- Develop systems and structure that will create good communication and a healthy, God-honoring worship ministry culture.
Strategic and Annual Planning: 10%
- Understand the strategic and annual plan. (Strategic and annual plans include measurable goals and objectives for and by each staff member.)
- Ensure longer term plans are in place for the team.
- Create a strategic ministry plan for yourself and for the worship and arts team that aligns with the overall goals of the Church.
General Responsibilities and Expectations:
All Church Staff ought to know Jesus personally and love him whole heartedly. This ought to be evidenced through growing in fruit of the spirit and an obvious love of Jesus.
Church staff ought to engage in biblically grounded and sacred rhythms that help us grow in a personal relationship with Jesus through daily devotions (Scripture reading, prayer, accountability, acts of justice and evangelical witness), Stewardship, Sabbath
practice and Christian celebrations (Christmas, Advent and Easter).
All Church staff ought to participate in church life through Celebration Services and Cell Life Groups.