This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Burke Community Church
Burke, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/12/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Burke Community Church is a culturally relevant, biblically-based, and growing non-denominational church in Fairfax County, Virginia. Our close proximity to Washington, D.C. means we typically reach professional and military people, who, in turn, impact our culture, locally, nationally, and internationally for Jesus Christ. With 700+ adults and over 400+ children and students in worship on a given weekend, we offer a broad spectrum of ministry venues for all ages. We enjoy a sense of community, and we are passionately focused on training our worshippers to become mature, reproducing Christ followers.
Our next Worship Pastor will share this vision, and he will be a gifted individual who will help us corporately worship Jesus in a contemporary, creative environment. He will possess an intimate and growing relationship with the Lord, and he will be skilled at bringing us all into God’s presence through his leadership of the worship arts teams.
Position Title: Worship Director
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Ministry Summary: To provide vision and leadership to the various arts ministries so that the community at BCC grows in
their understanding of Biblical worship and in their ability to worship God through the use of their gifts
• Possess a passionate and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Skilled musician and vocalist.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 3 years church staff experience in a church of 500+.
• Leadership with multiple worship teams.
• Ability discipling and shepherding worship team members.
• Understanding of audio/visual technology. Computer graphic ability is a plus.
• Desirous of leading in a contemporary environment.
• Agrees with the vision and philosophy of the church and knows how to lead others to vision fulfillment.
• Agrees with the church statement of faith which is found at www.bccva.org
• To support the corporate vision and strategy of BCC.
• To provide weekly worship experiences which are creative, fresh, vibrant, culturally relevant, and theologically sound.
• To enhance the ministry by equipping and training others.
• To provide vision to the creative arts ministry by determining a ministry plan with annual objectives that will grow the ministry.
Primary Ministry Responsibilities
As a member of the Pastoral team
• Serve and lead in cooperation with and submission to the Elder Council.
• Weekly collaborate with Teaching Pastor and programming team to plan worship services, themes and special events.
• Assist in providing care to the congregation, particularly those in the arts.
• Perform all other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
As the leader of the Programming Arts Ministry
• Recruit, develop and lead the programming, music (instrumentalists and vocalists), technical arts, visual arts, and
• Lead weekly worship services.
• Develop worship ministry personnel spiritually, musically, and vocally.
• Lead, equip, develop and evaluate any paid staff in the worship department.
• Shepherd and care for worship team members.
• Coordinate special services including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
• Possess a working understanding of all facets of the audio-visual area to enhance training and to provide an enjoyable
• Be personally committed to our Foyer, Family Room, Kitchen, and Front Yard ministry environments.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time position, with full benefits. Pay will reflect the standard of living in Fairfax County, Virginia.
Interested candidates please send a resume to Worshipdirector@bccva.org, and a DVD showing you leading worship to 9900 Old Keene Mill Road, Burke, VA, 22015, or provide a link to your website. Also, if you would like to get acquainted with our ministry, log on at www.bccva.org.