Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship
A man to give leadership to our church in the areas of youth and worship. Please carefully read the following and apply if you feel so led.
About Our Church: We’re a growing church body of around 200 in a small community in southern Oregon. Our congregation is comprised primarily of older people, but we desire to attract younger
families to our church. We have a small youth group including a handful of students and committed volunteers. We have a Sunday evening service (called “The Bridge”) that is “contemporary” and our morning service is a “blended” worship service. Our church
is governed by our board of elders.
About Our Community: Our church is located in the town of Rogue River, Oregon. This is a small, close-knit community of around 2,000 people. Rogue River is nestled between the two larger
communities of Grants Pass (35,000 people) and Medford (75,000 people), right on I-5. There is a lot to do for an outdoorsman.
About The Position: In the area of youth ministry, we are seeking a self-starter and an entrepreneur. You’ll be starting a youth program basically from scratch. While we do have a few involved
students, it is a very small group. More than maintaining an existing ministry we’re looking for someone with the skills and experience to start one. Think of it as “planting” a youth ministry.
With regard to worship, we’re looking for someone with the skill and experience to lead a church with a diverse age range and a variety of preferences in terms to style. He needs to be an excellent musician and able to help our people enter into the presence
of the Lord during worship.
We expect that the Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship will split his time in this way: 70% focused on youth and their families and 30% developing meaningful worship services.
The salary range is $35,000-$40,000 per year, depending on education and experience.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Bible, Theology, or a related field (a Master’s degree is preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience leading worship and ministering to youth in a church setting. (Internships and volunteer work may be considered experience and will be evaluated on its own merit.)
- Evidence of a strong, growing walk with Jesus
- Agree completely with our statement of faith (see www.rvcconline.org)
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train, and mobilize volunteers
- A track record of maintaining healthy relationships with youth and their parents
- Adequate musical knowledge and skill to prepare and lead worship services
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We would love for you to include and individual or family photo if you would be so inclined. No phone
inquiries please. Please apply directly to the email and not through Churchstaffing.com please.