The Teaching Elder will serve as the spiritual leader of the congregation of Oakbrooke Bible Church with the primary responsibilities as defined below:
- Lead the congregation in its normal and special worship services
- Serve as the supervisor for all ministerial, administrative and support staff.
- Maintain regular and posted office hours to be available for counseling, instruction, or administrative needs.
- Provide personal and timely follow-up by mail, phone, and/or visit to prospective new members.
- Lead the congregation in outreach events
- Equipping the saints in performing of Christ’s ministry.
- Oversee Life Together Groups, visiting/attending one event with each Life Together Group in a calendar year.
- Regularly visit members who are in the hospitals and nursing/rehabilitation homes.
- Visit homebound members at least quarterly.
- Visit every family of members and regular attenders at least once per calendar year.
- Provide Elders with timely notification when the Teaching Elder will be out of the pulpit.
- Conduct no less than four (4) meetings a calendar year with the Elders.
- Support constitution of Oakbrooke Bible Church.
Please understand in this role you will be an equal among the elders who currently serve at Oakbrooke Bible Church. We do pledge to come alongside the candidate and support with prayer and accountability.
If you have any further questions or would like to submit a resume please send it to: