Brown Missionary Baptist Church was founded in 1882. We are located in Southaven, MS, which is part of the greater Memphis metropolitan area. We are a predominantly African American Church. Our membership is comprised of individuals from three states,
including Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. We have over 7000 members with an approximate staff of 40 fulltime/part time individuals. We have four weekend services, one on Saturday and three on Sunday Mornings. We have over 40 ministries with a campus
that includes a sanctuary, chapel, family enrichment center, education building, fellowship-hall, Acts Career Center, and two Annex Buildings. Brown Baptist is a growing congregation and financially secure. We are a ministry rooted in integrity and excellence
committed to Exalting the Savior, Equipping the Saints, and Evangelizing the Sinner. We have a strong desire for the development and growth of our youth & young adults. Brown Baptist is a traditional progressive Baptist Church associated with the National
Purpose of this position
To minister to the needs of the teens and young adults at Brown Missionary Baptist Church by encouraging them to live a life dedicated to Jesus Christ; through spiritual growth, and Biblical Discipleship.
The Youth and Young Adult Pastor at Brown Missionary Baptist Church will be responsible for developing, administering, and implementing youth and young adult ministries and programs designed to meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of the youth
and young adults of BMBC. He must be energetic, passionate, and a deeply committed disciple of Jesus Christ, whom relates well to youth and young adults. He must have a clear sense of calling to share and nurture the love of Jesus with the middle, high school
and post-high school youth and young adults of Brown Missionary Baptist Church and the surrounding community. He must be an excellent team player and one that is committed to continued personal growth. This person must be committed to living out the core
values, mission, and vision of Brown Missionary Baptist Church.
- Have an active knowledge of youth ministry with a heart for young people, and committed to seeing them grow spiritually through extending care and ensuring quality programs for outreach and discipleship.
- A vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Commitment to personal integrity and financial stewardship to Brown Missionary Baptist Church.
- Spiritual Gifts relevant to the position of this ministry
- A Call to Pastoral Ministry
- Healthy personal and family life
- A special concern for youth, young adults, and their spiritual lives.
- Experience and training in Youth and Young Adult Ministry; a desire for further training and growth; active participation in the ministry of Brown Missionary Baptist Church.
- Be dedicated to the ministry, philosophy, vision, and programs of Brown Missionary Baptist Church.
- A commitment to teamwork as a member of the BMBC church staff.
- Must pass local, state, and national background check.
- Strong organizational skills and decisive leadership with delegation abilities.
- Embrace the DNA of the Church
- Licensed and Ordained Baptist Minister
- Pursuing or acquired Bachelor Degree or Higher (Biblical Studies or Theology preferred)
Staff Structure and Relationships
- The Youth and Young Adult Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is responsible for the development and oversight of leadership teams and ministry with middle, high school and post-high school age youth and young adults at Brown Missionary Baptist
- He must attend all staff meetings prepared to report on ministry activities, communicate and coordinate with other members of the staff team.
- Cooperate fully with church staff and leaders for the good of the church.
- The Youth and Young Adult Pastor will coordinate his ministry with the overarching vision, mission, and purpose of Brown Missionary Baptist Church.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and execution of Youth Sunday Services.
- Develop an outreach program to involve new youth and young adults in the ministry of BMBC
- Create and advise the Youth Council
- School Visitation
- Hospital Visitation for Youth and Young Adults
- Building a strong and supportative parent and congregational base for youth ministry.
- Coordinate an integrated approach to all aspects of youth ministry including Sunday School, mission service trips, regional and national youth gatherings, Bible Studies, youth revivals, mentoring programs, etc.
- Faithfully attend church services and church wide activities.
- Promote the Youth and Young Adult ministries to the church and local community.
- Encourage and facilitate participation in denominational events and training.
- Evaluate all areas of youth ministry on a yearly basis, for refinement and improvement, establishing annual goals.
- Oversee all the areas that fall under the Youth Ministry umbrella and encourage unity and teamwork among the various leaders.
- Incorporate A BMBC Youth New Member Orientation
- Establish a BMBC Mentoring Ministry
- Establish a presence on the local college campuses (SMALL GROUPS)
- Crichton College
- Southwest Tennessee Community College
- Christian Brothers University
- University of Memphis
- LeMoyne-Owen College
- Oversight of BMBC Youth that are away attending college
- Getting them plugged into a local Bible Believing Church
- Monthly Contact
- Phone Call
- Social Media
To Apply: Please Provide the Following (DEADLINE NOV 25, 2013)
A DVD/CD of a recent sermon that you have preached
Cover Letter that includes (Personal Introduction & Personal Testimony of Faith)
Please provide a typed response to the following: What would you identify as the biggest issue facing youth? What would be your plan to address this issue?
Mail To: ACTS Career Center
880 Stateline Rd East
Southaven, MS 38671
Senior Associate Pastor