- Do you have a passion for championing the vision of a dynamic, growing church, and being a key person who’s involved in how it’s messaged and communicated using a variety of media?
- Do you get excited about the idea of becoming attuned to the pulse of the church and its outside culture so you can strategize ways to build bridges from the community to the church and help people take their next steps toward Christ once they’re there?
- Can you quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; represent your own interests and yet be fair to others; solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise?
- Are you a person who enjoys cultivating and directing the skills and energies of others in order to achieve organization and team goals?
- Can you be effective in a variety of situations – one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses; inside and outside the organization, utilizing data and dealing with a wide range of topics?
Job responsibilities include:
- Developing an environment which provides two-way communication between the congregation and church leadership.
- Creating seamless messages which produce simple ways for people to connect with the church.
- Ensuring consistent experience across multiple touch points, including website, print, promotions, social media, design, video, worship arts, brand management, media relations, etc.
- Providing leadership and coaching to Communications team members.
- Working with Senior Pastor and Worship Arts team to effectively coordinate communications during worship services.
- Recruiting, developing and empowering volunteers (artists, designers, photographers/videographers, writers, etc.).
For serious consideration, candidate must:
- Love God and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be passionate about loving people well, leading them into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ and launching leaders out to love people well.
- Possess an unrelenting desire for excellence.
- Have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in communications, mass media, public relations or related field.
- Have at least three years of leadership and management experience in strategic communications, marketing or public relations.
- Be a servant leader who is willing to do whatever it takes regardless of title or recognition.
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for this job, send us your resume and convince us!
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.