Worship Leader [Part-time] - Job Description
CityChurch is a contemporary, non-denominational church in central Charlotte. We describe ourselves as being “Real, Relational and Religion Free.” We are a warm & welcoming community-oriented church, and, since being planted 7 years ago,
we have grown steadily to 250 people. This summer we purchased our own building and, as a result, anticipate even more growth in the years ahead. This is a really exciting season in the life of our church!
Being similar in style and approach to the Vineyard Church or to Soul Survivor, we consider worship to be a central and vital aspect of the life and community of CityChurch. We believe that worship is not principally about putting on a great show but more
about enabling everybody to get drawn up in the praise of God. We are therefore looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and gifted musician who is excited about leading us in this way at CityChurch services and events, invest in the band and develop & build
the worship life of the church as we continue to grow.
The Role: 12 Hours per week
This is a key role at CityChurch, reporting directly and working closely with the Senior Pastor. The key tasks involved in the role are as follows:
- Responsible for the overall worship experience at CityChurch Services & Events.
- Provide leadership to the band/tech, at event rehearsals, and through song selection.
- Provide oversight of sound engineers / lyrics volunteers to ensure excellent worship experience.
- Facilitate the broader worship life of church (CityKidz, Groups, 9am Worship etc…).
- Coordinate maintenance of all CC musical and sound equipment.
- Leading/envisioning the worship team including weekly band rehearsals.
- Recruit, audition and integrate new band members.
- Provide vision casting, team building and pastoral support to worship team.
- Provide musical and spiritual support /encouragement to empower new leaders.
- Clear administration, communication & organization of Worship at CityChurch.
- Manage the system for scheduling band & events (song choices / chord charts etc…)
- Provide oversight and maintenance for all copyright issues.
- Provide clear and responsible management of the worship budget.
Must have experience of leading contemporary worship teams/bands in a church setting, be self-supporting in leading worship (playing guitar and/or piano), have good organizational skills, and a good awareness of the contemporary worship scene and current
This role is a 12 hours a week position. Including 4 Hours on a Sunday, 4 Hours for the midweek evening (practice or Experiencing God) and 4 hours a week for admin, tech, pastoral (incl. 1 hr staff meeting on Monday am).
Salary for this position is - $12,480 p.a.
Interested applicants send your resume, music samples & references to: