Mountain View Lutheran Church (ELCA), a dynamic congregation alive with the Holy Spirit, is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries to provide leadership and support in growing ministry that enables youth in grades six through college age – and their families
– to deepen faith and discipleship to Christ. The oldest congregation in the unique community of Ahwatukee Foothills Village of Phoenix, AZ, Mountain View Lutheran has 38 years of living into its Mission: to Welcome people in faith in Jesus Christ, Equip persons
with a faith that works in real life, and to Send disciples out in service to the world in Jesus' name.
This is not your grandmother’s church! Join this vibrant staff and congregation of 3,500 members as we live out our Mission while creatively meeting the needs of all generations for worship, learning and community. The Director of Youth Ministries needs an appreciation for and experience in a variety of family and community settings to help plan, develop, and carry out ministry for, with, and by youth and young adults.
The Holy Spirit calls and gathers the people of God to be nourished by Word and Sacrament, and then sends us back out into the world to proclaim the gospel in word and deed. Our vision for the Director of Youth is a partner in leadership who embodies our belief that youth and young adults are the church of today.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL EXCEL IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
• Public speaking before large groups of youth and adults
• Ability to work cooperatively in team ministry
• Provide leadership to a diverse group of volunteers
• Effective interpersonal communication
• Organizational skills
• Proficient in the use of computer/IT and media technology
• Understanding of worship design
• Will personally and professionally conduct themselves in a way befitting a leader
of the church; with a flexible and open schedule, and the ability to think creatively
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
• Must be a practicing Christian who has an active worship and devotional life
• A willingness to support the Vision, Mission, and Values of Mountain View
Lutheran Church in time, talent, and treasure
• An understanding of Lutheran theology and traditions
• Experience and/or degree in a related field
• Faithful prayer life and the presence of the Holy Spirit
• Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Willingness to, and expertise in recruiting, training and nurturing of volunteers
• Team player, willing to work closely with staff, Pastors and leadership
• Attendance at a minimum of one continuing education event in your ministry area
The Youth Director is a member of the body of Mountain View and participates in the life
of the congregation. Under the supervision of the Associate Pastor, the Director
consults with all pastors and program staff. The Director collaboratively works with the
church staff and volunteers in creating a comprehensive youth ministry program that
complements the mission of the church.
ADMINISTRATIVE OVERSIGHT INCLUDES:
• Youth ministry staff, both paid and volunteer, which presently includes: e44
worship band leader; e44 worship team; confirmation small group guides; service
& team leaders.
• Youth ministry budget (operating and capital), communicating with the Associate
Pastor to ensure congregational expectations are met and exceeded
• All aspects of youth ministry communication, both internally and externally
• Participation in staff meetings and retreats with pastors and other staff
• Access to church office staff, equipment and supplies as needed to coordinate,
promote and implement the youth ministry program
• Maintain professional competence thru continuing education activities
• Sit on the Youth Ministry Board to "share the load" with parents and students on
how we can better serve these age groups in the church
• Plan, organize and preach at e44 worship on Sundays
MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY
• Responsible for scheduling and planning out the confirmation and general
calendar of Middle School events each year
• Recruit, train, and lead our Confirmation small group Guides
• Plan and organize Middle School social and service events
• Nurture and grow the middle school ministry, with an emphasis on increased
opportunities for our youth to be engaged in the life of our congregation
• Encourage and mentor youth and their families
HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY
• Responsible for scheduling and planning out the Metanoia and general calendar
of High School events each year
• Plan and facilitate weekly gatherings for Metanoia (High School fellowship)
• Recruit, train, and lead our Metanoia small group Guides as the ministry grows.
• Schedule, plan, and implement summer missions and camps
• Plan and organize annual fundraisers
• Meet with, shepherd, and mentor both Middle School, High School, and College
Compensation is negotiable and will be based on education and experience.
For a PDF of the Job Description go to
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are asked to submit their resumes and/or inquires via email Darla Gonzalez at email@example.com prior to the close of business on Friday, November 15, 2013.
We thank you for your interest and will be prompt in responding to inquiries.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Mountain View Lutheran Church
Mountain View Lutheran Church exists to WELCOME people in faith in Jesus Christ, EQUIP persons with a faith that works in real life, and to SEND disciples out in service to the world in Jesus' name. More...