The Orchard is one congregation worshipping in four communities and serving across the greater Chicago area. We have campuses in Arlington Heights, Barrington, Itasca and Marengo—each of which stays true to our Gospel-centered mission while also tailoring
their ministries to their unique congregations.
At The Orchard, we believe growth happens through Gospel ministry that’s characterized by roots, life and fruit. We dig our
roots down deep into the Word of Christ in our worship services. We find
life in Jesus Christ and share that life together in LIFE Groups. We bear
fruit for Christ through praying, giving, serving, and inviting.
The Campus Pastor of Arlington Heights is a campus-specific position that exists to glorify God by multiplying God-centered, Christ-exalting, world transforming believers through the Gospel in the greater Arlington Heights area by growing the congregation
in numbers and in maturity.
- Lead a pastoral ministry of the Word and prayer towards the congregation of the Arlington Heights Campus, including preaching 20+ sermons per year. The current worship attendance is approximately 1300.
- Serve as the “face with the place” at the Arlington Heights Campus as well as the “quality control manager” of its doctrine, mission and strategy.
- Oversee and participate in a personal invitation plan that motivates and mobilizes the Arlington Heights congregation to bring new people to the worship services as well as other church events and programs.
- Oversee a high-touch connection process that personally welcomes newcomers, orients them to The Orchard, presents the Gospel to them, incorporates them into a LIFE group and involves them in a volunteer service.
- Using a team approach, pastor the members of the congregation through the significant events of their lives, that is, child dedication, baptism, membership, marriage, severe crises and death.
- Supervise the Arlington Heights Campus staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.
- Character qualities described for church leadership in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Master’s degree required
- Senior Pastor experience preferred
- Staff management experience required
- Outgoing, relational, results-oriented and decisive leadership
- Exercise discretion and good judgment in personal contacts
- Interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with management and volunteers
- Self-motivated and able to initiate projects and work independently
- Computer literate in order to complete necessary tasks within software applications