The Youth pastor is responsible for providing spiritual leadership for youth (grades 6-12), their teachers, and youth leaders.
He shall use his skills in teaching, planning, evangelism, discipling, counseling and praying to facilitate an effective ministry which will guide the youth of our church toward a personal relationship and walk with Jesus Christ by: 1) providing an environment where they feel loved and accepted and 2) teaching and modeling biblical guidelines in which the youth can follow. The scope of his ministry shall be with youth attending our church and those in local area schools attended by our students.
The Youth Pastor shall be qualified by his background, his training and a demonstrated ability to minister to youth. Accordingly, the following factors will be considered in his selection:
1) He is to be a Christian in submission to the authority of the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit as reflected in his lifestyle and ministry. (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
2) He shall be in agreement with the Doctrinal statement of this church and be willing to abide by the Constitution, by-laws, goals and policies of this church.
3) His knowledge and understanding of the Scriptures. (Seminary or Bible School degree is preferred)
4) His ability to easily relate to youth and young people because of his genuine love, concern and enthusiasm for them.
5) His ability to freely interact with the parents of the youth.
6) His ability to recruit, train, and work with youth leaders and teachers toward specific goals in a mutually supportive and edifying manner.
7) His personal appearance and demeanor.
8) His ability to share the Gospel with others.
9) His willingness to openly seek and receive direction and criticism as a learner from those placed in authority over him in a spirit of submission and love.
10) The desire of his wife, (if the candidate is married), should be to interact and relate with youth in support of her husband’s ministry.
The responsibilities of the Youth Pastor are:
- Regularly share the good-news about Jesus Christ
- Teach the basic truths of the faith
- Model a Christ-like life
- Provide Godly counsel for students
- Disciple individual students and/or oversee discipling by members of the youth team
- Promote missions –local and worldwide
- Integrate the youth activities into the total church program
C. Relational Ministry
- Develop relationships with middle and senior high students
- Spend time in the area schools with students
- Foster a supportive relationship with families of students
- Volunteer staff oversight (recruit, train and support)
- Oversee student follow-up and assimilation
- Plan events, retreats, and special activities
- Effectively manage the student ministries budget
- Attend and participate in monthly Leadership Team meetings
- Attend and participate in Elder Board meetings (see bylaws)
- Communicate with Youth Team Leader if applicable
Specific Areas of Ministry Responsibility and Oversight
1. Weekly Programming
- Middle school (MS) weekly meeting
- Senior high weekly meeting
- Middle and senior high sunday school
- Oversee weekly Bible studies to be broken up along age and/or gender lines
2. Events, retreats, and special activities
- Outreach events
- Mid-year retreats (Winter Blast, Impact, etc.)
- Summer trips (MS trip, Challenge, etc.)
- Mission trips
3. Leadership Development
- Regular staff meetings
- Develop youth leaders
4. Other Areas
- Involvement in Grace Evangelical Free Church programs and activities
- Serve as associate pastor as requested for special teams, pulpit ministry, etc.
- Involvement in the Ballard Ministerial if deemed beneficial.
- Involvement with Reach Students Central District (RSCD)
Accountability: The Youth Pastor shall be accountable for his overall performance to the Senior Pastor and Elders. His weekly supervision shall be under the direction of the Senior Pastor. This accountability and supervision shall be monitored through monthly written reports and regular personal consultation with the Senior Pastor and Elders. He will be evaluated annually by the Senior Pastor and the Elders.
Applications should include a current resume, a statement of philosophy of ministry, a personal Christian testimony, and a list of three personal references.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of High School MinistryThe Bridge Bible Church
- Bakersfield, California
- October 27
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Grace Evangelical Free Church
Our Mission at Grace Evangelical Free Church is to help people experience God's grace by: Gathering them into His Family. Raising them to maturity in His Son. Assisting them to offer His love in action. Challenging them to share His Word. Encouraging them to live joyfully for His glory. More...