This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Evangelism & Missions
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 02/17/2009
Categories: Missions Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Pastor of Evangelism and Missions must have a heart and passion for evangelism. He will oversee the overall Evangelism effort of the church, assisting in all areas of ministry to promote effectiveness in reaching the lost and assimilating those who desire to follow Christ into discipleship programs. He will also oversee all Mission ministries and lead the Missions Council while acting as the primary liasion to Calvary sponsored missionaries.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Mobilize, challenge, and keep before the congregation the importance of being a Great Commission Church.
• Provide training in evangelism methods and equip others to be trainers for various ministries.
• Train CHAMP (sports ministry) Coaches how to effectively share the Gospel with players and parents.
• Recommend effective evangelism materials (i.e. tracts) for all ages/ministry areas.
• Coordinate outreach and follow-up for those who indicate having made a decision to follow Christ.
• Oversee and coordinate the activities of all “urban ministries” (prison, homeless, pregnancy center, etc.) and ethnic ministries.
• Lead, oversee all activities, and act as pastoral liaison to the Missions Committee
• Administrate Missions budget and recommend changes for annual budget.
• Lead and oversee all of the activities surrounding the annual missions conference.
• Review and recommend changes to missionary support based on performance and alignment with the theology, mission and vision of Calvary Church.
• Recommend new ministries and missionaries that would enhance our outreach both local and abroad.
• Promote missions partnerships and “Go-trips” (mission trips available to the congregation).
• Minister to the needs of missionaries sponsored by Calvary Church.
• Develop and promote a process for people who God is leading to become vocational missionaries.
• Participate in all pastoral ministry obligations (e.g. pastor of the week; benevolence, hospital calls, funerals, etc.)
• A Seminary degree is required.
• Training in evangelism and demonstration of effectiveness in evangelism.
• Missions experience required.
• Strong proven administrative skills.
• Must have served as a pastor on staff at a church for a minimum of 3 years.
• Must agree to the Articles of Faith of Calvary Church – can be viewed at www.calvarychurch.com (about Calvary/what we believe).