The Pastor of Evangelism and Missions must have a heart and passion for evangelism. He will oversee the overall Evangelism effort of the church, assisting in all areas of ministry to promote effectiveness in reaching the lost and assimilating those who desire to follow Christ into discipleship programs. He will also oversee all Mission ministries and lead the Missions Council while acting as the primary liasion to Calvary sponsored missionaries.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Mobilize, challenge, and keep before the congregation the importance of being a Great Commission Church.
• Provide training in evangelism methods and equip others to be trainers for various ministries.
• Train CHAMP (sports ministry) Coaches how to effectively share the Gospel with players and parents.
• Recommend effective evangelism materials (i.e. tracts) for all ages/ministry areas.
• Coordinate outreach and follow-up for those who indicate having made a decision to follow Christ.
• Oversee and coordinate the activities of all “urban ministries” (prison, homeless, pregnancy center, etc.) and ethnic ministries.
• Lead, oversee all activities, and act as pastoral liaison to the Missions Committee
• Administrate Missions budget and recommend changes for annual budget.
• Lead and oversee all of the activities surrounding the annual missions conference.
• Review and recommend changes to missionary support based on performance and alignment with the theology, mission and vision of Calvary Church.
• Recommend new ministries and missionaries that would enhance our outreach both local and abroad.
• Promote missions partnerships and “Go-trips” (mission trips available to the congregation).
• Minister to the needs of missionaries sponsored by Calvary Church.
• Develop and promote a process for people who God is leading to become vocational missionaries.
• Participate in all pastoral ministry obligations (e.g. pastor of the week; benevolence, hospital calls, funerals, etc.)
• A Seminary degree is required.
• Training in evangelism and demonstration of effectiveness in evangelism.
• Missions experience required.
• Strong proven administrative skills.
• Must have served as a pastor on staff at a church for a minimum of 3 years.
• Must agree to the Articles of Faith of Calvary Church – can be viewed at www.calvarychurch.com (about Calvary/what we believe).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Connections and Missions PastorVineyard Christian Fellowship
- Grove City, Ohio
- January 12
Local Global Serving PastorLife Bible Fellowship Church
- Upland, California
- January 4
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Allison Park , Pennsylvania
- January 3
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3
We are an evangelical, non-denominational church with deep roots in the Charlotte community. We strive to develop authentic followers of Jesus Christ through our worship of God, preaching and teaching the Bible, caring for the needs of those in our church and our community, and reaching out around the world with the Gospel.More...