Position: Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministries
Employment: Full Time
Salary Range: $46,000-52,000 +benefits
Reports: Lead Pastor
Purpose: Welcome children to a gospel centered environment, that develops an authentic and vibrant faith in Jesus, and sends them out into the community and the world to be the next generation of disciples.
- Joyful, contagious faith in Jesus Christ
- Grounded in Scripture
- Team Builder, Team Player, Leader, Delegator
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Administrative Skills, Strategic Planner
- Knowledge of Educational Development (Scope & Sequence)
- Creative Life-long Learner
- Minimum - B.A. in Child Development, Education, Ministry
- Preferred 3 years experience in Children’s Ministry
- Love Kids
- Provide a safe, welcoming environment to all children.
- Plan, develop and implement vibrant outreach, discipleship and missional events, both large and small
- Build & strengthen relationships between
Children and Jesus
Children and Families
Children and Peers
Children and Church
- Act as a resource to empower parents to disciple their children at home.
- Provide opportunities for children and their families to connect with other PBF families.
- Supervise Children’s Ministry Staff (1 F/T Equivalent Staff)
- Recruit, train, and encourage volunteer teams.
- Conduct Annual Review of Children’s Ministry Staff.
- Supervise children’s weekend experience, special events and camps.
- Report to the Lead Pastor
- Serve the vision of Peninsula Bible Fellowship as directed by the elders and and Lead Pastor.
- Attend and serve on Ministry Lead meetings and scheduled elder meetings.
- Perform background checks, uphold “safe church” policy and interview volunteers.
- Provide leadership to department in goal setting, evaluation, facilities management, and budget oversight in conjunction with the elders.
- Provide regular communication between Children’s Ministry and families
- Oversee selection and implementation of an engaging standards-based curriculum.
- Oversee classroom spaces, equipment and supplies on campus.
- Provide regular staff/volunteer development.
- Network with missional opportunity providers.