Youth Pastor - The Evangelical Free Church of Sycamore-DeKalb, Illinois - www.efreesd.com
E-Free is a 30 year old church community, experiencing a season of exciting growth under the vision of our new lead pastor. We are confident that our youth ministry has great growth potential as well.
Some things to know about us:
- We want to make and mature followers of Jesus, and we do this by emphasizing (1) worship, (2) community, and (3) mission.
- We believe in equipping and supporting our staff and volunteers. This means that you will have the flexibility to cast vision, dream big, and implement innovative ways to reach the youth and community
- We have an experienced, dedicated group of staff including a worship pastor, children’s ministry director and two administrative assistants.
- We minister in a vibrant and diverse university community.
- We value student ministry. We’ve had a full time youth pastor for over 20 years.
Our church might be the place for you if you are:
- Committed to the authority of the Bible and enjoy teaching students.
- Passionate about reaching the lost and making and maturing followers of Jesus among middle and high school students.
- Driven to equip students and volunteers to serve Christ by utilizing gifts of leadership, teaching, and mentoring.
- Dynamic and creative in communication.
- Relevant when engaging the youth today.
- Experienced in leading students in both middle and high school.
- Determined to shepherd and counsel students, prayerfully and patiently loving them and their families through every season of life.
- Teachable and able to effectively work on a team.
Your specific job responsibilities/expectations will include:
- Establishing a process that walks our students on a path to mature as followers of Jesus.
- Creating dynamic weekly gatherings for middle and high school students to bring their friends and encounter Christ.
- Offering intentional opportunities for students to serve.
- Reaching out to the youth of our community.
- Developing and managing a budget.
- Communicating with parents, volunteers, staff and the church body.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Planning and leading off-campus events.
- Teaching from the pulpit in our Sunday worship services as needed and when requested by our Lead Pastor.
We expect your education and experience would include:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Experience in leading both middle school and high school students (required)
To be considered for this position, send your cover letter and resume to